Thread: Camfill Farr Hemipleat filters

Camfill Farr Hemipleat filters

We have a Clear Vue cyclone that we have been using in our small business for about 3 years now.
    We needed to replace filters and the old #125154-005 filters we had (comparable with the Wynn 9L300BL ones) have been replaced by Camfill Farr with the "new and improved" #211736-1 HemiPleat filter, so we got a couple of those. Got them up and running today, and the dust coming through these is setting our Dylos meter to over 2000 at the 1 micron setting. The old ones had the dust levels less than 200. Rod lasted about an hour using the bandsaw and changed to venting outside again, but it is already at freezing and winter is coming! Their specs say they get 99.99% of 0.1 microns. These ones sure don't.
    Is anyone else using these filters? Any problems? How are they working for you?

Links to and specs on these filters:
    http://www.farrapc.com/products/hemipleat/
    http://www.farrapc.com/literature/pr.../hemipleat.pdf

No one else has used these? I misread the specs on the sheet. It is supposed to be 99.99% of 0.5 microns. But that doesn't change what is happening here.

I have the same filters and very similar thoughts. When I first fired mine up behind my diy pentz cyclone I could barely see a haze. This went away after an hour or two of use and sucking up around 30 gallons of mdf dust purposely seasoning the filters. Now I wish I had a gauge to measure how they are performing. I'll buy Wynn nanofiber without question Next time but got a killer deal on these.

I'm hoping this isn't the case since we made a system where we can back flush the filters to clean them. If they take "seasoning" to work, then their spec sheet isn't accurate. The regional manager seemed quite concerned but not sure why this was happening. We haven't heard back from his dust tech people who he was going to get to contact us. We have checked things out as much as possible and can't see how the dust could be bypassing the filters. We tested with some grinding dust and both filters were putting out over 12,000 of the 1 micron particles per 0.01 cubic foot of air. Something ain't right.
    Wynn won't ship to Canada any more due to damage to the filters during shipping, and we live 10 hours north of the border so driving over to pick them up isn't an option.