Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What tools did you receive as gifts? (with pictures please)

Returned and got what I needed

Well had a nice lunch and returned the 1100A for the 1100CK canister dust collector.

Also took the time to pickup a marking knife and bench vice both with a gift card from my son and daughter-inlaw.

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well...I guess it's a tool...new flannel shirt to keep me warm in the shop!!

Looks like "Santa" was very good to many folks. And Charlie takes the prize for the most impressive "tool under the tree" for sure! (And Carole, you can use that scraper plane quite nicely on the kitchen table since it produces controlable dust and makes no real noise!!)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Well I had a great year and I was pretty naughty .
    I got what I deserved.
    It was Xmas all year long.
    Rod and Charlie, You win!
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Thumbs up

Well, I certainly did better than I deserved.

A PC 360VS 3x24" belt sander
    Makita corded right angle drill
    Tormek sharpener (won't get it until the end of January)
    Tormek jigs - three of them
    1/2" Lenox band saw blade
    dial caliper
    50' 1/4" flexell air hose

All in all, I am a very happy camper.

Happy New Year everyone....
    Last edited by Byron Trantham; 12-26-2004 at 4:14 PM.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Tyler...first time I ever saw Santa bring briquettes!! LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Shupe
    WOW!

I read on another forum about a woman who did this for one day. Can I inquire as to how much a day with David Marks might cost? (Not that I can afford it, I am sure.) The lady said it was money well spent, she had a terrific time, David and his wife were very nice, and she learned a lot. What a great deal for you!
    Martin,

It's $500/day .. or so my wife tells me. She's been talking with David's wife for a couple of weeks now setting this up and can't stop saying what a nice person she is.

I get to pick the topics which is very cool. I am so looking forward to this...

Hi guys,
    I might have been the woman on the other forum if it was WoodNet. It does indeed cost $500.00 for 7 and a half hours with a half hour for lunch. David and his wife were most gracious. My topic changed midway through the day because he is so thorough that we just couldn't get it all done. Perhaps another time...
    Ellie
    Last edited by Ellie Thomas; 12-26-2004 at 6:01 PM.

My wife, son,( chipped in all his allowance money for the last 6 month's) sisters and my mom all went in together to get me this.
    3 hp left tilt with 50" extension and mobile base. It came in this afternoon while I was at work. (Pictures ASAP). My wife said that she was tired of me using the Old Craftsman, as well as her wanting me to have more time at the home shop, so I don't have to take my bigger projects to the school shop and work.
    One of the greatest gifts I have gotten from my family.
    Charlie Woods

Do Or Do Not. There is No Try

Yoda

Nice saw!! Congrats on the family's gift, they are very special to want to do this for you.

A grizzley 12 1/2 planer,Hey Kelly,The first wood I planed up was some aromatic cedar................I bet it would look good on one of your decks !!!..

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    Well I had a great year and I was pretty naughty .
    I got what I deserved.
    It was Xmas all year long.
    Rod and Charlie, You win!
    Tyler

You were doing well earlier in the year when you bought the PM table saw. But when you started sliding down the electron-challenged slippery slope towards hand planes, it was time for the Kingsford charcoal.

Santa (never met a power tool I didn't like) Claus

P.S. Every time I look at the pic of the stocking with the lumps of (char) coal, I go into another round of ROFLOL.

AG

Actually, Tyler, perhaps Santa is trying to tell you something with the coal. It may be a loooooong coooooold winter and you might need all the heat you can get.

Not a bad gift when you look at it that way. And even if you don't need it this winter, just think of the great steaks it will make this summer.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie Thomas
    Hi guys,
    I might have been the woman on the other forum if it was WoodNet. It does indeed cost $500.00 for 7 and a half hours with a half hour for lunch. David and his wife were most gracious. My topic changed midway through the day because he is so thorough that we just couldn't get it all done. Perhaps another time...
    Ellie
    Welcome to the Creek Ellie,
    I see you been hanging out for a while. You already know what a great bunch of folks we have here.
    We'd love to hear more about your Most Excellent Adventure, and see pictures too.
    Last edited by Tyler Howell; 12-27-2004 at 8:46 AM.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

"I've set the press up and adjusted the dies for a few calibers I reload but I haven't really ran many shells through it. I reloaded for many years with a Dillon 550 but I like the LNL better so far."

Kevin,
    I've been using the Dillon 550B for about 7 years. Tell me about this Lock-n-Load thingy, and what made you switch?

Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Ungaro
    "I've set the press up and adjusted the dies for a few calibers I reload but I haven't really ran many shells through it. I reloaded for many years with a Dillon 550 but I like the LNL better so far."

Kevin,
    I've been using the Dillon 550B for about 7 years. Tell me about this Lock-n-Load thingy, and what made you switch?

Maurice
    I like the fact that the LNL is larger and easier to get my very large hands into. It also has automatic indexing (more like the Dillon 650). It compares favorably with the 650 and costs less than the 550. It is slightly cheaper to convert from caliber to caliber than the Dillon also.

That said, if Santa had left me a Dillon reloader I would have been just as happy. My brother and my nephew both have 550's and have been very pleased with them.

I'd like to have a Spolar shotgun reloader but just don't shoot enough Sporting Clays these days to justify the expense or the space in my tiny garage. I have seperate reloaders for 12,20,28, and 410 already but the Spolar is a work of art.

Kevin