Thread: DC exhaust hose length

DC exhaust hose length

For a smaller DC ("Oasis Machinery 1666A - Heavy Duty 2 HP Wood Dust Collector") what are some guide lines about the exhaust hose length ?

Does exhaust hose length work the same as intake ductwork ?

If i want like a 25-30ft run, will jumping the size to 6" make a difference for the exhaust hose?

What i am thinking to do is buying a Farr-Style 9E300BL filter, making a closet for it with a "catch" at the bottom and leaving it in the corner of the room then mounting the DC on a separator and wheeling that around machine to machine.

Mounting it all the the cart (filter and separator) is not a big deal, just look at different options.

The closet would be something the image below:
    http://www.ablett.jp/workshop/cyclone3.htm

Thinking about the Oasis instead of the HF because the Oasis can run on 220 and the cost with s&h is about the same right now, 250 to my door.

_
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Watson View Post
    For a smaller DC ("Oasis Machinery 1666A - Heavy Duty 2 HP Wood Dust Collector") what are some guide lines about the exhaust hose length ?

Does exhaust hose length work the same as intake ductwork ?

If i want like a 25-30ft run, will jumping the size to 6" make a difference for the exhaust hose?

What i am thinking to do is buying a Farr-Style 9E300BL filter, making a closet for it with a "catch" at the bottom and leaving it in the corner of the room then mounting the DC on a separator and wheeling that around machine to machine.

Mounting it all the the cart (filter and separator) is not a big deal, just look at different options.

The closet would be something the image below:
    http://www.ablett.jp/workshop/cyclone3.htm

Thinking about the Oasis instead of the HF because the Oasis can run on 220 and the cost with s&h is about the same right now, 250 to my door.

_
    It doesn't matter where the resistance is - static pressure resistance is static pressure resistance and it affects CFM. Think of it this way- block the intake- no flow, block the exhaust- no flow. I assume you are talking 20-30' of flex - just about the worst way to do it. Flex is bad, larger diameter flex is less bad.

In case you are referring to solid duct, the smallest diameter sets most of the pressure drop. So if the outlet is 6", stay with 6" or larger. And if the duct work has multiple elbows or long length, moving up one size diameter can reduce back pressure. Like AS, it doesn't matter if the pressure drops are upstream or downstream.

My ClearVue is set up for 6" ducting. The exhaust is 8" to a 8-6-6 wye to go outside. Yes, make your exhaust larger than you input. Let the input be the only thing that lowers your CFM. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Ok, makes sense, thanks all.