Thread: Need Parts For An Old Craftsman Table Saw

Need Parts For An Old Craftsman Table Saw

I inherited my father's old Craftsman table saw. While in storage, the motor mounting plate was broken as was the front rack for the original rip fence. Any suggestions where I might find replacement parts? Otherwise, the saw is in remarkable original condition so I would like to get it up and running as a second saw.

The nice thing about CM tools is that they have a great parts organization. Google Sears parts direct. You will need the saw model number but should be able to find it on a plate on the saw. Good luck!
    Take off a full blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/2 blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/4 blade - How the H--- can it be 1/4" short????

Rob, "Old" is a very relative term. At age 63, I don't call anything "old" unless it is from the '50s when I was a kid. ;-)

Your best bet to find "old" Craftsman parts would be over at OWWM.org on their BOYD (Bring Out Your Dead) buy/sell forum. Join the group and post a WTB (want to buy) ad. Include your saw's serial number and photos of the saw and broken part if possible. They love looking at pix of nice older machines. I bet those boys can fix you up!
    Last edited by Chip Lindley; 11-02-2010 at 9:41 PM.
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

+1 On Sears Parts Direct

Sears Parts Direct doesn't have anything for my "Old" 1953 Craftsman (King-Seeley) VS DP! :-(
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

There are a couple guys on Ebay who must have barns full of old Craftsman machines. Check out the table saw section under tools and you will likely find people who may not have exactly what you need posted but can harvest the part from machines they are parting out. Just ask them. I have had pretty good luck.

If you don't get answers here, try over at OWWM.com....Old Wood Working Machines.....they might know.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Depending on how "seasoned" your saw is, may be able to find one on CL and salvage some other parts as well off of it.

Rob,
    I have the rack (and also the fence) for a 113.27521. If this is your model, you are welcome to either or both for the shipping. Mine was also my father's and I replaced the rack from partsdirect in 2000 when they still carried these old ones. Earlier this year I put a Delta T2 one which you may want to consider instead.

Jim

If Jim Burke's offer doesn't work, take the motor mount plate to a machine shop. Shouldn't cost too much. (I've got an old King-Seely Craftsman saw too.)