Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RhinoCAM or Vectric Cut3D and VCarve Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Groenke View Post
    There is a new CAM plug-in for Rhino called Zebra3D that's currently in beta, so it's a free download. I've played with it, and it seems to be an attempt to make things more graphical and intuitive. I haven't used it enough to pass judgement, I should probably pick one and stick with it.
    Just had a look at the Zebra3D site.

Interestingly it looks very much like it is based on DeskProto. I have recently tried the demo of DeskProto and some of the setup dialogue boxes are identical.

Incidentally, DeskProto is a program that the OP should look at when weighing up CAM options. Real 4th axis capability. Very reasonably priced for hobby use. (read CHEAP)

Greg

Greg,

Did you beta test version 3 of Aspire or the current version? I had an opportunity to talk to Tony Mac at IWF and he shared some information about the new features in Aspire 3. It seems that there are a lot of new features across the board.

I would bet me last dollar that we will see an interim upgrade to Aspire this year with many more 4th axis features based on feedback the Vectric has received lately.

they have said the release is in november!!

Mike Package. I use Rhinocam 2 basic, and the 'engrave' toolpath will machine on a 3d curve. I believe (not 100% though) that the main difference is in the curve machining toolpath in the Pro version it projects your 2d curve automatically onto whatever surfaces below, whereas with engraving toolpath, you must do that yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Greg,

Did you beta test version 3 of Aspire or the current version?
    Keith

Yes as I said I am a beta tester for Vectric.

I would bet me last dollar that we will see an interim upgrade to Aspire this year with many more 4th axis features based on feedback the Vectric has received lately.
    Any new features to do with 4th axis, I will greet with enthusiasm. I hope you are right.

Although Vectric have consistently said they have no plans for real 4th axis CAM, I have also consistently said that I think it is inevitable the market will dictate that they do, eventually. I hope I am right.

Greg

me to greg, me too!!!