Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally started on my new dream shop

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    And with the kewel communication stuff I sell to business and government..."anywhere" can be your office; the 16th tee, your shop, err...the local tavern...LOL Even your real office somewhere.

Seriously, having wireless access and some form of phone in the shop is pretty much becoming PC these days. I get reasonable coverage in the shop for WiFi from the AP that is at this end of the house and have one handset from our multi-handset wireless land-line phone system out there, too. And the microcell that's here in my office carries into the shop, too, so my iPhone has both WiFi and cell service. (We're in a dead spot here)
    Jim, being in the telecom business myself, I totally agree. I have a WAP in my home office and I should be able to get a good signal in the new office, err workshop. Not sure about the phone though. We are in a dead spot here as well (thanks AT&T) so might have to give the Femto cell a try in the workshop. Or use the iPhone to make calls over WiFi, there is a free app that lets you do that now.

By the way, much progress has been made on the shop, more pictures to come shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by david blakelock View Post
    . We are in a dead spot here as well (thanks AT&T) so might have to give the Femto cell a try in the workshop. Or use the iPhone to make calls over WiFi, there is a free app that lets you do that now.
    I Hear that. AT&T did give me a Micro cell to get the iphone working at our house. I say give but it took hours of time begging for it for free . Now I have 5 bars

Some of my most productive organization time in the shop has been while working from home during conference calls. Mute button enabled . Thats when I get to clean up from last weekends mess.

Shop looks like its going to be very nice.
    enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Scull View Post
    I Hear that. AT&T did give me a Micro cell to get the iphone working at our house. I say give but it took hours of time begging for it for free . Now I have 5 bars

Some of my most productive organization time in the shop has been while working from home during conference calls. Mute button enabled . Thats when I get to clean up from last weekends mess.

Shop looks like its going to be very nice.
    enjoy!
    I might have to try that. Our cell phone service in and around the house is horrible. We have an almost 100% drop call rate, usually after only a few minutes. I have friends at AT&T Mobility that did the initial testing for them, so I will chat with them and see if they will help.

I hear you on the conference calls. While I have been watching the new shop get built I spend my time on boring conference calls reading this forum and looking at various tools that I need/what/should have in the new shop.

More Pictures - Getting Close to being ready to move in

Here are a few more pictures of my dream shop under construction. The framing is all 2x6. The builder is adding a few touches to match the main house, hence the cupola and the over hangs on the roof. The pitch of the roof is the same as our main house and the shingles will match it as well. The siding will be Hardy board, as brick was out of the budget. The interior walls were going to be OSB, but based on comments on another thread here I decided to go with plywood instead. The walls will be insulated. Heat will most likely be an old pot belly stove as we don't need a lot of heat here in Dallas. I will add A/C next spring when the budget allows, probably going to go with several split units as it does get rather warm here in the summer.