Thread: Graphtec Cutter Plotter & Coreldraw issue

Graphtec Cutter Plotter & Coreldraw issue

I recently took the plunge and bought a Graphtec CE 5000 cutter plotter to add vinyl signage to my product line. I was told that it was easily compatible with Coreldraw. However, we could not get it to run with CD x13 and was told my Coreldraw might be corrupted. Now we are using CorelDraw x 15 and when I use the Cut Master 2 from within Corel I receive the following Cut Master error message: "Running Corel Draw not found".

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Don Williams

I have a graphtec but use different software, however one common mistake is using HPGL when setting up the plotter. For the Cutmaster plugin for corel the plotter needs to be installed as GPGL. If that doesn't help hopefully someone using corel & cutmaster can figure it out.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

I use a graphtec fc7000 with corel and cutmaster under both xp and windows 7. works good for me. new cutmaster just released for corel x5 available on the graphtec site
    Mike

Helix 75W runnin at 89W, Corel X3, Epilog Summit 25W (alive and kickin), CNC mills, lathes, vinyl cutter, Microflame Generator (flame polisher), and all kind of other stuff to keep things interesting

Joe,

Thank you for your reply. Can you expand on installing as GPGL vs HPGL?

I am not sure I understand, but it could be the problem.

Thank you,

Don Williams

Don, there is an option you can get to from the plotter interface. I don't have that model, I have the FC, which I think it close, so for the FC, it's hitting the menu button, then the "Next" button, it should show:

Interface>
    Area Parameters>
    Function 1>
    Function 2>

Select "Interface"

You should see something like :

Step Size>
    RS-232>
    Command>

Select "Command".

You should see :

GP-GL
    HP-GL

Make sure the asterisk (*) is next to GP-GL.

So it should look like :

GP-GL*
    HP-GL

In the software, in setup or settings, make sure you have selected "Graphtec GPGL" and then your model.

I cut directly from X3 almost daily. Never seen any error like you are talking about.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Thank you for all of the input.

Don Williams

Hi Don

Not sure you found the problem but I have your same problem now. Seems that corel x5 service pack 2 caused the problem. Graphtec is working to correct the issue but if you want it to work you need to uninstall service pack 2 and reinstal the cutting master 2 software.
    Mike

Helix 75W runnin at 89W, Corel X3, Epilog Summit 25W (alive and kickin), CNC mills, lathes, vinyl cutter, Microflame Generator (flame polisher), and all kind of other stuff to keep things interesting

Just asking the obvious...

You opened CM2 first then opened Corel?

You Selected the text or art in Corel then hit the application launcher then selected cut/plot?

You are seeing all the screens including the model number?

The first time I did this, it was the GP-GL HP-GL thing that was stopping me... A call to Customer Service and 30 seconds later I was cutting.

Good Luck,

AL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

Hi Al

The problem is with Corel X5 with service pack 2 only. Your screen shot shows corel 12. I can use X3 and it works fine, X5 also worked fine until I installed service pack 2. The Graftec site shows there trying to fix the problem.

Mike
    Mike

That is good to know.... Should have paid more attention to the details....

Happy Turkey Day everyone !!!!

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

FYI graphtec fixed the CM2 software and it now works with Corel with SP2.

happy cutting
    Mike