Thread: Anyone have experience with the Superbrush

Anyone have experience with the Superbrush

Do any of you have experience with the Superbrush sander by SuperMax tools. I'm taking a close look at one and wanted to ask for imput. Seldom post anymore but read everyday. If you guys would give me a bit of feedback I sure would appreciate it.
    Just keep working on it. It'll give up and do right after a while.

bump this up, somebody gotta have a little bit of experience.

I had a friend who had one in his cabinet shop, the smaller one, I think 24". He passed away last year so I can't query him but I used it a couple of times building our house. I ran all our mounding and denibbed our cabinets with it and it did a great job. As far as I know he was happy with it. It is built like their drum sanders and based on that should be an excellent product. The lack of response is probably because most people here don't have the need for an $8,000+ finish sander, though I imagine a lot would love to have one!

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    I had a friend who had one in his cabinet shop, the smaller one, I think 24". He passed away last year so I can't query him but I used it a couple of times building our house. I ran all our mounding and denibbed our cabinets with it and it did a great job. As far as I know he was happy with it. It is built like their drum sanders and based on that should be an excellent product. The lack of response is probably because most people here don't have the need for an $8,000+ finish sander, though I imagine a lot would love to have one!
    Thanks for the reply Van, I appreciate knowing something about your thoughts on the machine. I'm trying to cut back on the labor associated with hand sanding even tho this won't take all of it away it should help some expecially with sanding sealer.

You don't perhaps know if that machine you have used would be for sale do ya??

I've used one at work that was borrowed. It had a rather stiff steel bristle brush on it, and was used for wire brushing open grain woods like ash and oak to prepare them to accept a grain filling finish. It was painfully slow relative to other machinery I've used, but that may be relative to the work it was doing. Not sure what the advantage of the brush would be for other applications? We were using it to give the wood more texture.

I responded via PM, unfortunately in the negative ragrding it being for sale.

You may want to do some enquiry about sanding sealer, this was the one area he mentioned he wasn't 100% happy with. His main use was denibbing and shop made mouldings, exactly what I used it for.