Thread: Need pen attachement

Need pen attachement

Does anyone know of a pen attachment for a cnc. I wanted to plot some things but you cant get plotters anymore. I have tried various pens but unless its spring loaded its hard to get the correct tension on the point.

If its pressing too tight you get little wiggly lines as the pen constantly deforms. If its too loose you get good lines but fails to make contact in most cases. If it were spring loaded then that could always keep the proper ammount of pressure of the pen against the surface.

Color is not an issue I just need to draw some fine lines in black

http://www.widgetworksunlimited.com/

I use their scartch engraving attachment, have not tried the plotting pen attachment.

Neal

Cool. Unfortunatly My router only has a 1/4 collet so it wont work for me. But thats what I am looking for.

Michael,

It might be easy to make a way to attach the Widgetworks pen to your router base instead of installing it in the collet.

I have both the pen and the engraving bit but I haven't used it yet. I was able to talk to the guy who owns the company at the ShopBot Jamboree early this year and got mine at a show price.

I have one of each of the widget works tools and they all work great. I use the plotter pen to plot out cuts that a sign shop has printed and need the outline cut out. I use a roll of news print over the piece and plot it to make sure everything is in register.