Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blast Gate Discussion

FWIW the 6" Lee Valley self-cleaning gates can be made to work pretty easily with 6" S&D PVC. McMaster-Carr sells a 3/32" x 3/4" self adhesive rubber tape (item #93755K43) that when wrapped onto the gate flanges make for a nice snug fit into the PVC. That and 3 or 4 screws thru the PVC into the flange and you've got a solid air-tight connection.
    Use the fence Luke

I built similar blast gates for my shop from this design, and wanted them to be self cleaning, but without such long slides. I opted for the design shown below which allows stuff to be pushed out the back of the slide, but, with the attached rubber, also seals when the gate is open. This design allows me to put my blast gates against the wall and be able to pull the gate out towards me.

BlastGate02.jpgBlastGate01.jpgBlastGate03.jpg

Again, while I made mine with Alan's plans, Grizzly does sell them for cheap. http://www.grizzly.com/products/6-Pl...ast-Gate/G1845
    I drink, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Montgomery View Post
    I built similar blast gates for my shop from this design, and wanted them to be self cleaning, but without such long slides. I opted for the design shown below which allows stuff to be pushed out the back of the slide, but, with the attached rubber, also seals when the gate is open. This design allows me to put my blast gates against the wall and be able to pull the gate out towards me.

BlastGate02.jpgBlastGate01.jpgBlastGate03.jpg
    Aaron,
    This is what I was looking for. Great way to solve the length and cutting problem. I've cut all my blanks but haven't put it all together yet. I was looking for a way to make the gate fit easier in my shop.

Thanks for the photo's, now to find some rubber.

Thanks,
    Randy...