Thread: Boss Oscillating Sand Problems

Boss Oscillating Sand Problems

I have a Delta Boss Oscillating Sander which I have not used in a year or so. It works fine except the round sanding discs won't stay in place. They keep moving and coming upwards.

Any thoughts.

Thanks

GN

Cheap sleeves? The quality stuff comes from vendors like Klinspor and Supergrit. Seriously... it makes a difference. Of course I have to ask if the nut on top the drum is tight?
    Last edited by Lance Norris; 11-21-2010 at 7:43 PM.
    My favorite cologne is BLO

If the sleeves are slipped over rubber drums, there should be a nut to tighten, at either the top or bottom of the drum, which expands the drum making the sleeve stay put.

"It comes equipped with a sander accessory kit complete with 1-inch, 1-1/2-inch, 2-inch, and 3-inch rubber spindles, drum plates, abrasive sleeves, table inserts, dust bag, and necessary wrenches."

If it's like the similar Craftsman model, the drum plates mentioned above are basically washers, slightly larger than the drum, which go on top to keep the sleeve from riding up.

I used to have one of those and had the same problem. Seemd like the bolt on top bottomed out in the shaft before the rubber was compressed enough to grab the sleeve. My solution was simply to put a few extra washers on the bolt with an OD slightly less than the rubber. Seemed to do the trick.

Perry

if the nut dont get tight enough, put a couple of washers under the nut...if it does get tight, try wiping the rubber cylinders with rubbing alcohol
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holbrook View Post
    I used to have one of those and had the same problem. Seemd like the bolt on top bottomed out in the shaft before the rubber was compressed enough to grab the sleeve. My solution was simply to put a few extra washers on the bolt with an OD slightly less than the rubber. Seemed to do the trick.

Perry
    Don't forget that one washer goes on the bottom, between the sander and the rubber.

I think I need larger washers.

thanks

GN

Blog Entries
    i have a BOSS and havent had any problems as of yet and mine has the nut and one
    thick washer i put on top.

i just looked at the instructions and it shows the following washer sizes:

1 1/4" OD drum washer
    1 3/4" OD drum washer
    2 3/8" OD drum washer (2)