Thread: Question about a Yorkcraft 15 planer?

Question about a Yorkcraft 15 planer?

I found one on craigslist for 750 that appears to be in really good shape. I googled it and only found a few reviews. Does anyone know where I can find any more info about it? Also I couldn't find anywhere that actually sold these planers or parts for them. Does anyone have any idea who sells this and where I can get replacement parts if needed.

I have had on of these for 4 or 5 years now, Works good and no problems, I did install a Byrd head and is worth every penny. It is the same as a lot of other brands of this type planer, I get parts from Grizzly. The price of $750 seems somewhat high, if I remember correctly I paid about $650 new including delivery.
    Red

This looks like one of the typical Taiwanese planers that all came from the same factory.

I agree, 750 is too high- I would be looking at 500 dollars or less. I bougth the Jet version for 500; OK, but not a great deal.

What you will find is that some sellers are a little delusional about the prices.

Maybe let it age for a while then offer 400?

York Craft was the house brand for Wilke Machinery. They got out of the Machinery bizz about 3 or 4 years ago. Some have said they still do sell parts. York Craft was considered to be very good tools.
    Here is a link to the web site.
    http://www.chwilke.com/events.nxg

You can by a like Grizzly for not too much more $$$
    http://www.grizzly.com/products/15-3...-Series/G0453P
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I am definitely leaning towards Grizzly tools after purchasing my new 1023 but I just wanted to find out about this planer. I think I will pass if I can't readily get parts and the company doesn't produce these anymore.