Thread: DW735 and dust duct size

DW735 and dust duct size

I'm getting ready to plumb the shop (finally) for dust collection and I know I should run 6" as far as I can, BUT, I'm thinking 4" is enough for this tool. If I turn it on it will blow up the single stage Delta I have without the Delta even on! I'm thinking the chip blower will provide adequate force in conjunction with a 4" flex to get everything into the mainstream 6" ducting to the cyclone.
    Your thoughts....

I have a 4" port connected to mine and it does just fine. It doesn't get 100 percent but I think because of the size of the opening of the planer any size hose would miss a little.

Yep. The thing actually only has like a 2.5" outlet, but that adapter brings it up to 4". I run 4" to it, and it's fine - 6" definitely would not help, considering the very small size of the opening.

I run 4" all the way to the DC with a trash can separator in-line. It gets everything the planer produces, except for a little at the in and out feeds.
    Nature of the beast.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night