Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Green Machine(s).....

Green Machine(s).....

My 3 General machines arrived this afternoon. I have been busy uncrating the 15" planer, 12" jointer and 10" table saw. The crating on these machines was unreal, needed a crow bar and big hammer to get the crates open. The GREEN color goes great with my new pvc flooring I installed this past week. The flooring is very cool, but very expensive....I have been vasilating for months on buying the flooring, at $3.45 sq foot I could have bought a lot of wood, or some more tools. Oh well I really like the way it turned out, really brightens the shop up. I will be busy this weekend adjusting and getting the machines set up. One big problem is getting the 1,000+ lb jointer off of the dual pallets....need some muscle, unfortunately there are no rollers on this baby....

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Has the voting closed for "gloat of the year"? If not i think you are seriously in the running!!! Very Nice. Maybe just paint green and white checkboards on the pallet and call it done?

general

Jim,
    I agree this has got to be one of the best gloats I have seen! Congratualtions! Now do tell, is not the fit and finish, along with build quality, on the Canadian made General the best you have ever seen?

Congratulations:
    What a dream shop, hope you send pictures when all the tools are ready to go.
    Good Luck:
    Don Selke

Julius A. Dooman & Son Woodworking
    My Mentor, My teacher. "Gone but not forgotton"

Drool,drool,drool,drool!

Paul,

I am really blown away by the fit and finish of the machines so far. For grins I laid my 6' Starret straight edge across the table saw and it was dead on every which way I could think of. Can't wait to start buidling again, My list has grown considerably.

Thanks all,

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B. Cresti
    Jim,
    I agree this has got to be one of the best gloats I have seen! Congratualtions! Now do tell, is not the fit and finish, along with build quality, on the Canadian made General the best you have ever seen?

Dang it, Jim! Some serious gloat material there! I'll bet your list involves a bit more than just a couple picture frames! Congrats and have fun with the new toyls!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Jim, I see a huge negative to this story.......

Cleaning off all the cosmoline!

(Oh, wait, after reviewing those fine machines again, I don't see any cosmoline?)

Nice haul! You'll enjoy many years of sawdust from those machines
    Last edited by Scott Parks; 12-31-2004 at 1:11 AM.
    Go Big, or Go Home... He who has the gold, makes the rules

Jim

I only live about 30 miles away maybe we could get together sometime.

Freeland isn't far from Oak Harbor.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Hey Bart,

Sure I'll give you a shout when I have the machines running and you can come by and give em a test drive

Jim

Scott,
    So far the cosmoline has not been bad at all, nothing like my MM 16 bandsaw, now that had some serious cosmoline.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Barrett
    Scott,
    So far the cosmoline has not been bad at all, nothing like my MM 16 bandsaw, now that had some serious cosmoline.
    Jim
    Aggh, choke... cough... cough... MM16! You're killing me here! (green with envy)...

Can I move in? To your garage, that is! Is there heat? The pvc soft enough to sleep on?....
    Go Big, or Go Home... He who has the gold, makes the rules

I can't "up-gloat" that! No way! You should add my General 24" sanding dream drum sander though
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

WOW!!!

I'd really enjoy seeing some overall pics of your shop when it's all set up.

Gary

Sorry Scott,
    BTW I have excellent heat in the garage, stays 55 degrees during the winter, I tweak the heat to bring it up to 60ish. The pvc is not bad, much better than the cold grey, stained, cracked concrete

Actually I sold my MM 300 Smart and replaced with the General machines. I was able to recoop all of the cost of my 300 Smart (strong Euro) so I was able to purchase all of the General machines and the majority of the pvc flooring with the money from the 300 Smart. Delivery was very reasonable, General delivered for free to a local freight company and I paid for the delivery from there, couple hundred dollars including a lift gate truck.
    Jim