Thread: Does LV offer a re-sharpening?

Talking Does LV offer a re-sharpening?

Ive seen that some outfits which sell handsaws will resharpen their products (only) for a pretty low price. Anyone know if LV does? I can call and ask, but I figured someone here would know.

(Please dont make me learn to sharpen saws yet. Ive got enough challenges trying to perfect my plane iron sharpening,)

Blog Entries
    No, they don't offer that service, or least didn't a year ago.

You don't say where you're located Frederick but if you're near a store, they usually have a binder of reference material that lists local saw sharpeners.

You can usually get one free sharpening out of a saw, where ham fisted efforts still do more good than harm. Then unless you have greater skill, it would be off to the sharpeners. That should hold you a long time, unless you are really productive. I mean how many full pieces of furniture can you get out of a dovetail saw before you need to take it in for it's third sharpening. You can spend a ton of time on a piece of furniture for only cutting a few few yards of dovetails. Course saws are pretty easy to sharpen, so maybe there is hope in that.