Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Walnut Table - A Little Bragging & Thanks!

Really impressive project. You say it was your first furniture project, but your shop indicates some really serious intent! How much experience in woodworking do you have? Sounds like a lot. Ridgebacks are wonderful dogs!
    "There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in"

REally nice table Mauricio. I found it interesting you finished the table before putting on the ends. Any reason for that?

And (as you can guess from the signature) WHOOP!
    Grady - "Thelma, we found Dean's finger"
    Thelma - "Where is the rest of him?!"

Answers

Ridgebacks rock - we love our two dogs!

Regarding finishing: hate to say it but I was impatient. I was trying to figure out what I was going to do with the breadboard ends and I decided to move forward with finishing....

Regarding ATM - Class of 93 and freaking stoked we have a real football team again! My son and I took a trip to the Nebraska game - it was awesome!

Regarding the workshop - I am embarrassed to say I don't deserve the shop I have. Woodworking is a hobby that I hope will evolve to something more once I have the ability to retire...

Thanks again for all the interest... This has been quite a great experience. Feel a lot of gratification for some reason...

Outstanding work! I have been trying to decide what to do with a few pieces of walnut that I stumbled across this summer and may "borrow" a bit of your design for two end tables I plan to make.
    Take off a full blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/2 blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/4 blade - How the H--- can it be 1/4" short????

i want that table.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful work! I can only hope that my first efforts turn out so well!!!

(Btw... you mentioned Bradford woodworking... That's 5 minutes from my house, and I went to his open house last year. Which makes me curious... are you my neighbor? I'm in Collegeville PA.)
    - Bob R.
    Collegeville PA (30 minutes west of Philly)

You got skills, man! This is your first furniture project!?!? Liar, liar, pants on fire! You built my dream dinning table on your first try; you have every right to feel gratified.

Now, how about some chairs?!

Nice work on the table, if I could only get my wife to give up the garage, the I too could have a shop like yours...

Really beautiful! I like the size (heft).

I have to admit if someone says trestle style table, I never think of
    something in a dark wood/finish, but this is great.

I did some searching and found a lot of dark trestle style tables.

I guess I need to get out from under the mushroom more often.

Thanks!

Thanks for the continued feedback! It's been quite an experience and it's got me itching to finish that next project!

As for chairs - I plan to create two end chairs but for some reason, chairs seem pretty complicated so I am going to build a few other things first!

I live in Charlotte NC. There was a store nearby that was selling Bradford furniture and my wife flipped out when I knew about his work due to a fine woodworking article a while back. We fell in love with the bench and picked one up. That guy has some skills - really nice stuff!

Blog Entries
    This is a fine piece of furniture Mo. I'm really impressed. Great choice of material. Excellent craftsmanship. You should be very proud. I would ben.

Mo, your table is fantastic. Walnut is my favorite wood to work with. I am from Missouri. Just curious where in Missouri did you get your wood? Were they using the river to transport the logs to the mill? A few yours back I had a logger claim that Missouri was the nations top producer of walnut.