Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dehumidifier?

We have a Kenmore model that has been going for over 6 years now.
    We use it in the basement. In my shop I have not had the need. You
    might try running it when you are not in the shop stirring up dust so it
    would not clog the machine.

Although I don't have my unit in front of me, I bought it at Home Depot at least 5 years ago. Might be a Whirlpool unit, I'd have to see it when I got home. Still running strong however. I don't need to rig a drain tube from it since my basement doesn't seem to get as humid as others who have post about working much further South than me. It slowly fills the internal bucket during a 24 hour period unless it's the height of summer and pretty bad outside. It also helps that the first floor A/C system is installed in the basement, since it is drying out the air in a larger way even though we have no output or intake vents installed in the basement mounted ductwork that feeds the first floor vents. We also have the condensation pump for the A/C unit like the poster talked about. It's 10 years old and still easily sends water out to our laundry sink from the Evap unit mounted almost 40 feet away through the clear plastic tubing. Very impressive for such a little pump. If I needed a remote way to move water from a dehumidifier, one of these units would certainly do the job.