Thread: Source for new bags for Woodsucker?

Source for new bags for Woodsucker?

I've misplaced the paperwork on my Woodsucker, and used my last new bag, so need to find a source for new bags. They measure 26 wide by 36 tall, laid flat, so the circumference would be 52". Also could use a source for new filters.

Woodsucker filters

The filter is an Airguard model AG9215-90P. I used to have a woodsucker (sold it) and it was kind of a pain to get the filters. Airguard does not keep them in stock, they make them to order. Plan on spending about $125 + shipping.

I'm pretty sure that you can get the bags from U-Line or one of the other industrial supply houses.

I bought bags for my cyclone drum at McMaster Carr. I just looked and they have a super heavyweight garbage bag (#4166T352) that is 43x26. Its 3 mils thick--not sure how that compares to what Woodsucker used? Should be easy enough to cut down. A box of 100 is about $43--that should last you a while!

A great source for replacement cyclone filters is Wynn Environmental. http://www.wynnenv.com/

An unusual thing about Woodsuckers is that the air blows through the cartridge walls going from outside to inside. Most other small-shop cyclones run the air the other way. There's a metal grill in the cartridge that supports the pleated paper against the force of the air. On a filter for a Woodsucker, that grill needs to be on the inside. The guy at Wynn understood that issue completely, and came up with exactly the right filter for my Woodsucker.

Thanks for the help. Checked Uline, they have a carton of 200 bags for 110$. And looks like Wynn has the filters. Another question, if I went with a longer filter, would that improve my dust collection?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrew View Post
    Thanks for the help. Checked Uline, they have a carton of 200 bags for 110$. And looks like Wynn has the filters. Another question, if I went with a longer filter, would that improve my dust collection?
    A longer filter might give you longer intervals between cleaning the filter. But usually the limiting factor in how well your system sucks is the ducting -- length, turns, and diameter.