Thread: Happy New Year to all, AND...

Happy New Year to all, AND...

......maybe a suggestion for a New Year resolution for some. We're quickly closing in on our 2-year anniversary here at SMC. We have been blessed with a site free of advertising, thanks to our gracious hosts. It's a forum where everyone is welcome without fear of being degraded, bashed or put down. There is no hesitation in letting our kids or the "meak" browse around the Creek. We have folks of all denominations, religions, political views and skill levels, from beginers to the very, very advanced. People from all walks of life, with professions encompassing everything from blue-collar to architects, engineers, lawyers, doctors and beyond. Students and house wifes/husbands are made to feel just as "at home" here as they are in their own living rooms. It's a community like no other. Leastwise, I've not been able to find another like it!

It's also, a community which is growing weekly, daily and sometimes even by the hour! With all this diversity, one thing is common: Sharing. I just can't say enough about all the generosity from this community when it comes to that single word. Plans, ideas, tips, materials, questions, pleasures and sorrows.

With that in mind, my personal suggestion for a NY resolution goes out to those folks who are regular visitors here at SMC, but have, up to this point, chosen to remain silent. That suggestion would be to jump on in to the Creek, not only to skip across it like a stone, but feet first and add to the sharing! Have no fear. Read the above paragraphs and know that your position in life or woodworking has absolutely no bearing on whether you're welcome here or not! We'd love to hear from you and I know....I KNOW that, you DO have something to share and, I KNOW that, this community would benefit from that sharing! Come on folks....Let's make THIS year, the BEST year seen at SMC!

And with that, on behalf of myself and my family, I would like to extend a safe, prosperous and Happy New Year to this entire community! May your days be filled with sawdust, may your cuts be accurate, your finish be dust-free and, of course, may your tool budget always allow for the tools you "need"!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Amen, John. (And congratulations for not being silent for 4000 posts! )
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

John -

Well said! I second your comments about new people stepping up and introducing themselves.

All -
    Those that choose to do so, and I hope there are many, should read the terms of service. Required are: real names (first and last) and civility. Not allowed are: Direct links to the member's web site (They can be put in the member profile area); Direct links to e-bay and other auction sites; Religious/political oriented thread/post subjects; and Advertisements - commercially oriented.

Not too hard and keeps the place friendly and information oriented. We have had good discussions about tools, techniques, materials. We have helped with the research and shopping for new tools and congratulated those who have been fortunate enough to have new acquisitions. We have celebrated other life events: births, new jobs, retirements and acknowledged the contributions of loved ones who have departed this life. John is right, it is truly a community.

Regards,
    Ted

My sincere best wishes for a Healthy, Happy, Safe and Prosperous NEW YEAR to all my friends at Da' Creek.

As stated above, this is the finest group of folks from all walks of life, all around the globe, who have something in common, and are not afraid to share it. We laugh together, sometimes cry together, share our experiences, hopes and dreams with each other in a community forum or through Private Messages.

Special thanks and recognition to the Forum Sponsors who make this place available to us, and all the 'underpaid staff' who donate their precious time to keep the the Creek flowing.

May your blades stay sharp and your wood stay straight, again my sincere best wishes for a Healthy, Happy, Safe and Prosperous 2005.
    Last edited by Tony Falotico; 01-01-2005 at 7:14 PM.
    Tony

Very good post John. I have never been the type to "Talk" too much on any forum. Just when I have something to say or a question. And I guess that's not too often. But, one New Years Res. is to post a picture of something I make. I have been here for a year and have not made a whole lot of stuff. What I have made has not been shared. So, I am hoping that one of these days I will prove that I really do some woodworking . Maybe a bowl or something.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Amen, John. (And congratulations for not being silent for 4000 posts! )
    Awww, shucks. I ain't got that much to offer, but I DO have a big yap!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

John,

Your the best!!!!!
    Have a great year and keep up the posts! It your year for hand tools!
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

John M

Well said and agree fully! This is a fine group of outstanding people.. Happy New Year to All!!
    Jerry

Very well said, John. I could not agree more. I, for one, as arelative newcomer have enjoyed the help I've received, the exchange of ideas and have never felt intimidated by the wealth of expertise in this forum. Information has always been handed down unselfishly and in a true spirit of family. For that I am gratefull to all.

Happy New Year Creekers

Lou
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow

Happy New Year John and everyone else on the SMC
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

John:

You said it all! Happy New Year

Joe

Happy New Year to you and yours John..!!!! May your new year be full of achievements and a prosperous woodshop!!!!!

Amen to all that you said and I agree. After all, you is Duh-Man!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Well said John.

Discovering Saw Mill Creek in 2004 has to rate as one of the best things about the year.

Happy 2005 everyone!