Thread: Delta T2 fence, made in?

Delta T2 fence, made in?

Anyone know where it is made? Can't find this info anywhere. My local tool supplier has them for 180+.00. I'm thinking of buying one but this would make a difference to me.

TIA, Mark

I don't know for sure, but it has to be over seas. I have one on a saw I bought used and it works well, but the fence part itself if a little beat up and off by a little toward the end of the table. I am debating buying the part (if I can), but there are so many other things out there to get and I think a bigger better fence would be the better place to spend any money. Again, it's okay, but certainly not the best.

Duh, they want $100 for the fence face part. That is ridiculous. Kind of like when they say that if you bought your car in parts, it would cost $400,000. http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/cgi-b.../T2-50_TYPE_1/

Dan,

So you think it's a little light? If thats the case I may opt for a Vega, being US made too.

Thanks, Mark

it's tough to say. I don't dislike it, but it doesn't thrill me and I often think of upgrading it. however, if I were starting from square one I would probably get something else even if it cost more. I like made in USA too.

Mark, I just purchased a Shop Fox Classic fence delivered to my door via the web for $210.00 You may want to go that route. I just had posted a threat about the T2 fence the other day.

Richard

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=153156

I got it form Bibb Tool and Cutter if interested...
    Last edited by richard poitras; 12-05-2010 at 11:04 PM. Reason: location of store purchased from...
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Quote Originally Posted by mark kosse View Post
    Anyone know where it is made? Can't find this info anywhere. My local tool supplier has them for 180+.00. I'm thinking of buying one but this would make a difference to me.

TIA, Mark
    I know what ya mean. $180, made in the USA, with Americans making a decent wage is an easier pill to swallow than $180, made in China. I saw an article about bench grinders made in China, that cost $7 and some change when they hit our shore. If they can make a bench grinder for $7.**, how much do you recon that fence cost to make? Don't get me wrong, i dont begrudge someone making a profit, but i dont dig getting reamed either.