Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Portable Vac and Cyclone Ideas

Portable Vac and Cyclone Ideas

I'm looking for ideas on putting a large vac and cyclone on a cart to move around in my small shop. I saw some pics of a vac that was setting on a small sheet of plywood (had wheels) with wooden frame work above that supported the cyclone and bucket. Kind of like a double decker, that saved space. If someone has a pic handy could you please post it?

Thanks
    JJ

I remember seeing the vertical one on here several months back ... try searching for "Dust Deputy".

Here is a picture of a horizontal one I made with plans available on the internet.

Good Luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Here's one i made. More details and pics here: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=126514

I too need to come up with a solution for I have a CT33 and I didn't want to spend $200 for the festool cyclone kit...

I got the Oneida bucket Kit and I noticed that I lose suction where the bolts are because although there's a main neoprene gasket, there's no washer gaskets.

So to make it air tight you can use some silicone on the bolts and washers, or go crazy with double washer gaskets to make an air tight seal between the cyclone unit and disposal bin.

I also think that a wooden box design would be more ridgid, and can be more air tight if you use some weather stripping and some latch clamps. (Compared to the bucket with the flimsy lid that caves in under vacuum pressure).

Anyways, good luck with your project and post pics for everyone if you come up with a good solution.

I just made one a couple weeks ago.

YES, I know the hoses are on the wrong way, I've since fixed them

I wear my mind on my sleeve; I have a history of losing my shirt! -BNL
    A woman's work is never done-but power tools help!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Tsutsui View Post
    I too need to come up with a solution for I have a CT33 and I didn't want to spend $200 for the festool cyclone kit...

I got the Oneida bucket Kit and I noticed that I lose suction where the bolts are because although there's a main neoprene gasket, there's no washer gaskets.

So to make it air tight you can use some silicone on the bolts and washers, or go crazy with double washer gaskets to make an air tight seal between the cyclone unit and disposal bin.

Chris, I just put my new Oneida DD together over the weekend and was wondering about a possible loss of suction. I'll try the silicone on the bolts and washers. Thanks.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

I have a shop vac and a cyclone but its not on a cart. I put the vac under my small bench, the cyclone in behind my drill press out of the way.

I bought some of that clear plastic pipe and little blast gates and just run lines around the shop. I have a gate for the table saw, one at the sander and one for a general use for cleaning up the floor and I also use it for the band saw.

Here is mine:

cyc4.jpgcyc5.jpg

I have posted progress pics in the following thread:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=105916

Quote Originally Posted by mreza Salav View Post
    Here is mine:

cyc4.jpgcyc5.jpg

That is pretty nifty, I missed the original thread.

Wow!! Thanks guys for the great ideas. I have to consider the small shop and how often I have to empty the bucket. It does not take but just a few minutes and it's full. I like how sturdy the plywood carts are, but also like the simple PVC frame. I have a few pieces of electrical uni strut that I could frame with. Anyhow..thanks..I can take these ideas and come up with something.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyy Johnson View Post
    Wow!! Thanks guys for the great ideas. I have to consider the small shop and how often I have to empty the bucket. It does not take but just a few minutes and it's full. I like how sturdy the plywood carts are, but also like the simple PVC frame. I have a few pieces of electrical uni strut that I could frame with. Anyhow..thanks..I can take these ideas and come up with something.
    If you want a really good bucket look to a pool company, they have some greats ones.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ghlight=bucket

fixed cyclone/vacuum

I tried having the cyclone/ vacuum on a cart but it was hard to get around the shop so I bought some 2"pvc and ran pipe to 4 locations in the shop. I made my own blast gates so now all I have to do is connect the hose where I want to use it. I also have a connection to my sliding miter saw. I'm very happy with the set up
    Tom

Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

Quote Originally Posted by mreza Salav View Post
    Here is mine:

cyc4.jpgcyc5.jpg

Nice job. I got the ClearVue version before they yanked it, and it works very well in my tiny shop.