Thread: Felder Vacuum Clamp?

Felder Vacuum Clamp?

I just downloaded the Christmas Promotion from Felder and noticed on page 28 that they have a benchtop Vacuum clamp listed. Hs anyone used one of these or something similar? I know that Festool has something similar in Europe, but currently not available in North America. It seems like it would be great for routing, etc...

Scot

http://mirrorfelder.cnh.at/Teaser-pd...USA_02_enc.pdf

Do you mean the mobile Hammer unit ?

I am not sure this is a Hammer unit -- it is a vacuum platform that sets on w workbench and allows for putting wood on the face and clamping at different positions. It looks like it has 360 degree swivel capability. It is not online anywhere on Felder's site, and I just noticed it in the promotional catalog. Seems like a great accessory for clamping boards for edge routing and profiling, especially with bits with bearings since the work is elevated a little. I know the Festool was going to be coming out with something similar, but who knows if/when that will happen or what the cost would be. Just curious if anyone has used this or something similar.

The promo catalog does have some great prices for consumables, though...a good time to stock up on planers knives, etc...

Scot

I noticed that one also, it would be nice to hear from someone that owns one. It appears pretty small? That would really seem to limit size of the workpiece.

I think that it would work for smaller stuff with no problem. Here is a link to a video of the Festool version from Festool Germany's site:

http://www.festool.de/Produkte/Tour/...spx?pid=712223

Something like this would open up a lot of clamping possibilities.

Scot

Ah .. Got it ..

I did some more research on this -- it appears to be the same or similar unit to a Schmalz multi-clamp (made in Germany). Here is a video for this unit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYOsx...eature=related

Like the Festool, it has replaceable heads for different widths of material. You can get two for larger workpieces too, like doors, etc...

It looks like it has pretty good holding power -- there is another video that shows a larger panel clamped to the face and someone trying to jiggle it free.

Scot