Thread: Dust Collector Inlet

Question Dust Collector Inlet

I have a Grizzly dust collector (Model G0525 - 3 hp) that was built in 2003. I picked this one up as part of buying out some equipment from a small shop and haven't actually used it myself. I have a newer 2 hp unit in my shop now.

A person that is interested in it is asking about the inlet on the older machine. Apparantly Grizzly has since modified the inlet on the dust collectors to now have it enter the cyclone chamber at an angle.

Does anyone have one of the older units where the inlet enters the chamber at a 90 degree angle? Any comments on whether there is a significant improvement in efficiency with the angled design?
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 12-16-2010 at 8:26 AM.

From what Bill Pentz mentions I think it does make a difference to have the inlet coming in at an angle. At work we have an Oneida where the inlet comes straight in and a Clearvue cyclone that comes in at an angle. The separation is way better on the Clearvue.

I agree its set up to start trailing where it needs to. If I remember Bill mentions you should also have 4 running feet before entering the chamber. Id much rather have the 3 hp impeller and motor than a 2.