Thread: Green Monster Group?

Question Green Monster Group?

James Gaydos suggested to me that all the guys/gals who have a green Grizzly lathe, especially those with the G0698 18x47 should be a part of what he called the "GREEN MONSTER GROUP"

I know that there is a Mustard Monster contingent on this forum, so with a number of folks with a newly acquired Grizzly machine and others who have the 16/42 Grizzly, maybe that would be an appropriate name for that contingent?

Any better suggestions are welcome.........the more the merrier, and we could have a poll on it from Grizzly green folks to see how you folks want to be identified.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Ok, but if you're going to do that then I'm going to start a club for all us old geezers that turn on the 50+ year old Olivers..........The Old Gray Mare Club.

I like it Curt!

I think I like 'Green Giant' better... The alliteration seals the deal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by David E Keller View Post
    I think I like 'Green Giant' better... The alliteration seals the deal for me.
    The "Green Giant Group?" Maybe that would not infringe on the "Monster" designation of the PM3520b. The G0698 has 2 inches less swing, but has 12.5 inches more in distance between centers, but I could settle for the "Giant" designation and not the "Monster."

How about some Grizzly owners chiming in here...........the more ideas the better. by the way, this was John Keeton's idea!

Well I have a grizzly but don't have an opinion on name. And btw, when did forum change? First time I've checked in in a couple days or so. Take some getting used to! David

Roger I like the idea. The more ideas and information we can share the better. As far as what to call it, Jolly Green Giant, Mean Green Machine, whatever it don't matter to me. Sounds like fun.

"mean green machine" has a nice sound to it! we might have to have a poll once several possibilities are given!

How about the G0694, thats a Green Monster!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

10. Jim,

Come on in.......the water is fine. Any make Grizzly can be a part of the "green" contingent.....we just have to decide what we will call ourselves. Again, this was John Keeton's idea, and it will be nice to see what turners who use the Grizzly line produce on their lathes.