Thread: Tell me about your Sand-Flee

Tell me about your Sand-Flee

I have been intrigued by the Sand Flee and while I understand their purpose to a small degree, I am curious about actual users opinion on the usefulness of the tool. It is not a tool that I feel an urge to spend money on, however, I happen to have a 3" dia by 46" long aluminum drum with a rubber coating, bearings at each end, and a gear attached to one end. The piece was from a large scale plotter that was thrown away by my engineering firm. I kept it thinking I would use it for an out feed table roller or something, but now I am considering using it to make a sand-flee type sander.

Any input?
    Man advances just in proportion that he mingles thought with his labor. - Ingersoll

I haven't got one. However, I don't get why someone wouldn't just buy the far cheaper v-drum kit (or unit) from stockroom supply. It's basically the same thing, isn't it?
    "It's Not About You."

I think it is one of the most worthless inventions out there. What's to keep it from dubbing of the front and trailing edges of wood that is run on it?? And,WHY is it so EXPENSIVE????? Now,be quiet,or I'll tell you how I REALLY feel about it.
    Last edited by george wilson; 12-13-2010 at 9:13 PM.

I have the "V" sander from stockroom supply. I then purchased a baby drum sander from grizzly. The Drum sander produces a LOT of dust and the "V" sander just sits there and collects it. The drum sander is a much better tool in my experiance.
    No PHD, but I have a DD 214