Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So what do you do for Drill Bit Storage?

Yes. The drill press came from a middle school and originally had a 3 phase motor on it. I have not installed the 3 phase motor yet. I will use it to reverse the drill and to have better control of the speed without changing the belts on the pulleys. I will be adding a VFD to my table saw as well as soon as I get a chance to get it off the shelf. I have a phase converter on it now and thought it would be nice to slow it down to cut plastic. I picked up a commercial sewing machine some time back and added a 5 HP servo motor (in lieu of the clutch motor), with a VFD and added a touch screen to control it. I used a guitar volume peddle to control the speed. I programed in start sequence where as no matter how hard you tromp on the peddle it would only speed up at a pre-determined rate base on a curve. In other words; at 100 rpm's there is no delay. The faster you set the machine the more delay is applied. My intentions are to add a foot peddle to the drill press to do similar things and still keep my hands on the work.

Blog Entries
    Two fractional index boxes one fractional stand one wall mount for spade bits one wall mount for hole saws and one cigar box for oversize and extra bits