Thread: Aggravation game board

Blog Entries

Aggravation game board

Does anyone have a scale pattern for an "Aggravation" marble game board layout that they would be willing to share? I'm looking for the pattern for the marble holes that I can scale to the size I need to use for a drilling pattern.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 12-13-2010 at 3:38 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I would hit a few yard sales (or maybe post a request on Freecycle) looking for an old Aggravation game. Game board == template. I think rockler has either a drill bit or a router bit to make marble sized intentions. OK, I guess they have at least two. I googled Aggravation board template and while I didn't find that particular thing, I found several project descriptions with good pictures. Still think an original cardboard game board would be the best bet...

Please let the forum know if/when you find one. I'd like to put them on the backs of some Chinese checkers boards I am making.

I have a aggravation board I made around 1977 when I was in the Air Force. I would be happy to take a picture of for you. If you like it I can take measurments as well. We sure played it a lot at the time. I also made a backgammon board.

Mike

Blog Entries
    This does nothing for your desired scalable plan but is pretty cool: http://www.uniquehomegardenshoppe.co...on-boards.html

I don't have one now but when I was a kid we had one that my great uncle made. It had a interanl channel that stored the marbles and diced.
    The Plane Anarchist

Blog Entries
    Thanks all. I started a layout yesterday on CAD. It hasn't taken long so far. I'm also doing a Chinese checker layout at the same time.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

You know, hand made dice would be a nice touch...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Thanks all. I started a layout yesterday on CAD. It hasn't taken long so far. I'm also doing a Chinese checker layout at the same time.
    I can see the merit in doing it yourself, but there is a pdf template for Chinese Checkers here. They want you to pay to download the pdf, but you can right click to save the jpg and print it just fine.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...heckers-Board/

Blog Entries
    Just an update. Here's a link to the finished project in case you missed it.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

While your at it (making dice, if you do) just for fun and messing with the kids, make one pair loaded. Talk about Aggravation! Yeah, I'm a little twisted that way...

Mike