Thread: DXF Help

Blog Entries

DXF Help

I've been trying to open the attached customer DXF file in Corel X4 with no luck. It was saved in Autocad 2007 version. I'm not sure why I can't open it. I was able to open it in Aspire but only only have trial version; waiting on my stinger II to be delivered w/Aspire.
    Is someone can try I'd appreciate it. Not sure at this point if it's my computer or not.

Thank you
    Ernie
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Precision Laser Engraving
    Corel X4 60W Laser
    Stinger II 4x4 w/recoil
    Aspire

I can't open in it Corel or TurboCAD. TurboCAD tells me that it's an invalid drawing version.

I did manage to open it in a viewer, but it doesn't have any vector based methods of saving it from there. Oddly enough, the entire background was black when it did open.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Here it is in Autocad 2000 - opens in Corel X3 OK

PETG_layout1-ac2000.zip
    Epilog Legend 32EX 60W

Precision Prototypes, Romsey, UK

Scott/Steve

What version of Turbocad are you using? - opened fine in Pro 16
    Epilog Legend 32EX 60W

Precision Prototypes, Romsey, UK

Blog Entries
    Thank you guys, appreciate it.
    Precision Laser Engraving
    Corel X4 60W Laser
    Stinger II 4x4 w/recoil
    Aspire

Ernie,

Corel just released a new software call PDF Fusion, supposedly you can open over 100 type of files, they don't mention this file in particular, but it may do it, they offer a trial download, if you would like to try it go here, and if works and you decide you want to buy it go here for a special offer that ends on May 31

Ruben