Thread: Help on Building Jumbo MFT

Help on Building Jumbo MFT

FYI - I have also posted this message over on the FOG

After seeing all the homemade and Jumbo MFT tables posted here - I am planning to build one for my next shop enhancement.

My approximate size would be about 40 x 70.

Here is a picture – I would like to build something similar – this is a custom MFT that was posted on the Adjest-A-Bench Site.
    http://adjustabench.com/gallery_beckerink_m.asp

I am trying to get a rough estimate of the overall cost.

I know that I will need a pair of the long 79" rails that Festool sells - However, I talked to Bob Marino today - and he mentioned that the long rail sets were no longer available from Festool.

So how would I make the "long" side of the table?

What are my options?
    a - I have seen others talk about the 82/20 track - would that work? I don't have the TS55 or 75 or any of the Festool routers, but I will buy them, so I want to design the table so it can accomodate the saw or the routers using the guide rails.

b - Connect 2 shorter rails together to make the 70" front and back?

Parts List
    2 side rails – at least 40 inches
    Front and Back Rails – at least 70 inches
    4 corners

Guide Rail – at least 40 inches (I assume I can buy one of the longer Guide Rail Kits)?

I would probably buy 1 top and then use this as a template for cutting the 20mm holes for the larger top

Anything else I would need?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nate

Nate:

I built a large MFT bench using the no longer available 79" rails - http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...nch&highlight=

I am a power tool guy so it has worked out well for me. If I was going to do it over I would build the top myself out of a single piece of 1" mdf.

If you want any more info feel free to send me a PM.