Thread: Notches

Notches

Using Corel Draw X4...

I need to make some notches of various height, width, and spacing.

Is there some tool in Corel that would help automate this process, instead of manually creating lil rectangles, duplicating them at various spacings, aligning them with the edge of the workpiece, then welding them together?

Thanks!
    ULS M-300 30W, CorelDraw X4

Indeed there is. There is a Corel Macro called FingerBox maker. This will do the job for you. Do a search on here for Fingerbox.gms. Drop it into your GMS folder in the Corel program folders. Then, open a Corel file and go to Tools, Visual Basic, Play and it will appear. I believe Lee DeRaud wrote it. It works for making a box, but you can trim off the notches and use them however you want.

PS: Here is the file. Unzip, copy gms file into your Corel/Draw/GMS folder
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Larry Bratton; 12-21-2010 at 4:42 PM. Reason: added file
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Larry---Sorry to show my ignorance, but in X5, I can't find any GMS folder. Is this one I create, and if so where does it reside within the Corel file structure. Also, I don't think Tools>Visual basic>Play works in X5. Does anyone have a path for X5? Thanks
    Trotec Speedy 300.....45w
    Corel x4
    Not enough woodworking tools...

Bob, I have X3. I hate to appear ignorant also. I am assuming that X5 would be backward compatible so this could be used. In X3, that GMS folder in the Graphics Suite Programs Folder in the Draw folder. Maybe someone with X5 can help. Sorry
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Bob:

go to your program files and find corel, then graphics suite X5, then draw, in the draw folder you'll find the gms folder. Paste the macro there.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

What I said...must be the same for X5 as was my guess. Merry Xmas!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Bob:

go to your program files and find corel, then graphics suite X5, then draw, in the draw folder you'll find the gms folder. Paste the macro there.