Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craftsman profesional 14" bandsaw 119224010

Craftsman profesional 14" bandsaw 119224010

I have a Craftsman Pro 14" bandsaw model 119224010. Since only a month or so after new. The guide bearings started to squeal and freeze up one by one. Till now all but one is ceased. I recall reading on here that this is a known issue for this and the Rikon saws. And that some have gotten free replacement bearings. I called Rikon and they claim that they do not make this saw for Sears.

My question is have you been able to get free replacement guide bearings? If so from who? I looked up the part on Sears parts direct and they want $6.09. That would be $41 plus tax and shipping for the same crappy bearings. Is there a better solution? Or better yet do you know who is supporting this saw for Sears. Rikon claims it is Fidelitone. However I called Fidelitone and they said they only support the Sears tool boxes.

Any help would be appreciated. By the way I am out of the warranty period.

James

What size bearings are they? You can get just about any kind of bearing at McMaster Carr, and they sell higher quality bearings that likely came on your Sears saw. I'm not sure exactly what type of ball bearings you need, but Mcmaster has about a million different kinds to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by James White View Post
    I have a Craftsman Pro 14" bandsaw model 119224010. Since only a month or so after new. The guide bearings started to squeal and freeze up one by one. Till now all but one is ceased. I recall reading on here that this is a known issue for this and the Rikon saws. And that some have gotten free replacement bearings. I called Rikon and they claim that they do not make this saw for Sears.

My question is have you been able to get free replacement guide bearings? If so from who? I looked up the part on Sears parts direct and they want $6.09. That would be $41 plus tax and shipping for the same crappy bearings. Is there a better solution? Or better yet do you know who is supporting this saw for Sears. Rikon claims it is Fidelitone. However I called Fidelitone and they said they only support the Sears tool boxes.

Any help would be appreciated. By the way I am out of the warranty period.

James
    According to OWWM the 119. prefix is Frigiare, but I'm quite sure Sears doesn't repurpose thier model numbers. So that was no help. It look like a Rikon to me as well.

This is a common problem for this bandsaw. It is the only flaw I have found with mine though. I have the same saw. I ordered a sleeve of about 10 bearings for it for about $15 or so. I can't remember for sure where I got them. I will find them when I get home and figure out where I bought them. A lot of people have this saw and have ordered new bearings. So maybe someone else will chime in before this afternoon.

If you do a search you may find more information. I found the following:

Orginally posted by Jim Fancher
    Any skate shop or store that carries skateboard or inline skate supplies. They all use the same size.

Bore: 8mm
    Diameter: 22mm
    Width: 7mm

I think locally they'll cost roughly $15 - $20 for a kit. I paid just under $9 shipped on Ebay.
    There was a tutorial with pictures on replacing the bearings, but the pictures are gone now. That's a problem when people don't upload pictures with their posts.
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ndsaw+bearings
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Check your local NAPA store for the bearing. If they don't have them, they will get them quickly.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

I put ABEC 5 roller blade bearings on my 12"....AFAIK, it takes the same bearing as the 14". You could also use ABEC 7. It's about a 15 minute job, and will only cost $10-$15 for a set....got mine on Ebay.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Thank you all. Just what the doctor ordered. I will look up were I can get these.

Scott,

Is the ABEC5/7 a grade or a size indication.

James

Blog Entries
    +1 on $10 - $15 for a pack of 10 on my larger 17" saw. Go the extra few bucks for sealed bearings if they are not offered already. I believe I got mine from VXB; quick, correct and reasonably priced.

Blog Entries
    Is the ABEC5/7 a grade or a size indication.

James
    Not Scott but, ABEC is a rating of dimensional and rotational accuracy. I have run ABEC 1 bearings for years because I didn't know enough to ask for anything else . I have had no problems with them but, these are larger bearings and may just tolerate the "lower" quality. At least they have so far .
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 12-29-2010 at 2:58 PM.

Thank you Glen.

I just placed an order for these. I hope they will last.
    http://www.vxb.com/Merchant2/merchan..._Code=bearings

James

Sears will cover this as its only a month from being new

http://www.vxb.com Try this place place for reasonable priced bearings.
    Rich

Thank you Glen.

I just placed an order for these. I hope they will last.
    http://www.vxb.com/Merchant2/merchan..._Code=bearings

James
    James, let us know if those work for you.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

I second the use of ABEC-5 roller blade bearings on the 14" as I have robbed my old roller hockey gear for the bearings. The Higher the ABEC number the smoother the rolling it is (faster). However the higher numbers are not as durable as the lower ones.