Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wonders never cease - it's snowing in Savannah

Wonders never cease - it's snowing in Savannah

We missed snow on Christmas but at least we're getting it now. Fire in the fireplace and snow . . . I don't think I'll leave the house today. I may even take a nap!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

All sounds very relaxing! Enjoy. Maybe add in a cup of hot chocolate!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Belinda,

It started snowing here yesterday afternoon so we had the first White Christmas that I can remember in Gloucester County for many decades. We had a light snow that lasted all night and woke up this morning with about 8" of the white stuff, and it is still snowing. We may end up with 10" to 12 " by this evening which is a lot of snow for a County that owns just a few trucks with plows. Gloucester can barely plow the main roads, the secondary and the back roads are never touched so it may be a couple of days before we get out again unless we ride the john Deere

Well that's nice as long as you keep it there.

Last year we got more snow then I have ever seen here in DFW in 24 years, and I didn't like it much. I lived in Kansas City for 40 years and had all I wanted of snow.

Keith,

Enjoy the snow. Hopefully the need will not arise to break out the Deere! You and Jackie just relax and have some hot chocolate like Jim suggested.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

Blog Entries
    Belinda,
    As the "Church Lady" says...Issn't thhhaatt niccce
    I hear that Michigan is going to be 50 degrees on New Years Eve.

Stay warm and inside. Georgian drivers and snow don't mix
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

................unless we ride the john Deere
    i kinda prefer riding a Deere , Keith

We got a barely white Christmas in Nashville, but more last night. It's mid-day Sunday with temp of 27 and wind chill of 17. I'm watching football and napping all day.

It snowed all Christmas day here in Asheville, NC. Still lightly snowing 8" so far. It is going to snow here until about noon on Monday. Cocoa time in front of the fireplace.

Dave

Just over a foot here in Yorktown, a few miles south of Keith. Wondering why I put that firewood pile so far from the house. The birds aren't too thrilled, but my grand kids are loving it...."Best Christmas Ever!!!"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great pics Ted. The kids look like they are having a grand time!

Bella Terra

The smow just started here about an hour or so ago and we only have a couple of inches onthe ground. The forecast if for 19-24" so it's no big deal. The only aggravation is having Sue wake me up at 4:30AM so I can snow blow the driveway so she can leave for work. I laid in a good supply of firewood for the basement shop woodstove today in case the blizzard winds they are predicting show up and knock out the power. This glass of Merlot is really nice. I think I'll go up stairs and get some cheese and crackers to accompany it. Right now it is a bit hot in the shop with the woodstove going, 77.7 degrees 15 feet from the stove. Modesty forbids me telling you how I'm dressed right now in the shop.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

We moved from MA to WV about 9 years ago to get away from the snow and this year it started snowing here (WV) on Thanksgiving and back where we are from just got their first snow this weekend. We have had snow cover for well over a month now and we are use to seeing grass all winter. Cycles cycles. If they keep up I will move farther south just in time for the cycle to switch and be hotter than ever.

Mark

Don,

Looks like I will get some tractor seat time tomorrow morning as I start to dig out. I don't own a rear blade so the Front End Loader bucket will have to do. If I can keep the snow shovel hanging in the barn I will be happy

Gotta love this Global Warming!