Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wonders never cease - it's snowing in Savannah

We had 3" yesterday with more colder snow coming tonight. My thoughts go out to you folks down south who are not at all prepared for this. It is for you like a foot of snow on San Fransisco would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Leonard View Post
    Gotta love this Global Warming!
    Wild weather swings.

What I find odd for us is we had one of the most unseasonably dry summers. Starving for water all summer long. Some local water supplies were getting low, many locals hauling water for homes and livestock as ponds and springs were dry. Now, we swing to wild precipitation. If all this snow were ran we'd be flush with water. In our area seems to be payback for a period of nice, easy, open winters. Little to no snow or snow that melts off in a day or two. Could be swinging back to the winters of old for a bit.

Mark

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bolton View Post
    Wild weather swings.

Mark

Mark
    Mark, I think you have our snow.

We have about 2 inches of snow, somewhat less than normal.

Regards, and Merry Christmas..................Rod.

Belinda, is this what you call hell freezing over or when donkeys fly?
    I drink, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Belinda, is this what you call hell freezing over or when donkeys fly?
    It must be when donkeys fly. Several things that I have predicted would happen when that location freezes over did not occur, so it couldn't be that!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Blog Entries
    The City of Hell, Michigan was frozen on the same day that the Lions won a game.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

Keith, I'm so jealous.

My moonlighting job is plowing parking lots for a friend of mine who owns a landscaping company. I drive his truck, a '91 International (4900, I think) dump truck, with a Boss Power-V blade on it (8'2" blade with 2 11" extension wings) and a SnowEx salt spreader on back (holds about 40 50-lb bags of salt or ice melt, I think). I've been out plowing more hours this December than the previous two seasons combined, but all the snows have been 2-4", so my longest day was only 17 hours. I'd love a 24" snow event. From the sounds of it, I'd be out plowing for 3 days straight, and make a bundle of money.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore