Thread: New Blanket Chest for my Wife

New Blanket Chest for my Wife

I am building a blanket chest for my wife, no, thank goodness, not for Christmas, and I am looking to put an air tight seal on it.
    I have seen in the fancy furniture stores, there is some type of metal strip with little flexible fingers that form the seal, I have asked all my local hardware stores, emailed Lee Valley, all came up empty.
    Can someone please direct me in the right direction.
    Thank you in advance for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Eric A Martin View Post
    I am building a blanket chest for my wife, no, thank goodness, not for Christmas, and I am looking to put an air tight seal on it.
    I have seen in the fancy furniture stores, there is some type of metal strip with little flexible fingers that form the seal, I have asked all my local hardware stores, emailed Lee Valley, all came up empty.
    Can someone please direct me in the right direction.
    Thank you in advance for your help
    Might want to check to see who the manufacturer of the furniture is that you have seen it on and contact them to see if they can put you in contact with their supplier.

I don't understand the design/style you are looking for, but I don't need to.

I have gotten a number of different types of seals for various uses - wine closet doors, for example.

McMaster Carr has a wide variety - search for weatherstrip - may be something there.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Maybe you're talking about spring bronze weatherstripping. Google with that for examples and sources.

Thank you, I think that is what I've been looking for.

Blog Entries
    Would a jamb weather srip mounted in a 1/8" w x3/8" kerf work? Lowes carries them.

Fullerbuilt