Thread: some pieces I've done lately

some pieces I've done lately

These I've been working on the last couple of weeks,I just started coring with my Mcnaughton system.
    037.JPG038.jpg034.jpg039.jpg035.jpg
    Last edited by Harry Robinette; 12-25-2010 at 11:31 PM.

Very cool ....
    like the basket effect of nesting bowls.....

Ahhhh.....coring! A whole sub-vortex in itself!!! Nice work on these Harry, and I particularly like the soft rolled rim on the first set. The wood on the last set is really neat!

really nice collection there. I tend to like the deeper form. How do you like your coring system? I'm not in the market yet, but I think about it everytime I end up with a pile of shavings of once-beautiful wood. I've only done a few bowls, but the waste has bothered me a little each time. We'll see, maybe I'll look into coring some day.
    By the way, I just noticed you're from Stow. I grew up and lived there until a few years ago, and still have family there. Good to see someone on here from "home".

Dan

5. Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Ahhhh.....coring! A whole sub-vortex in itself!!! Nice work on these Harry, and I particularly like the soft rolled rim on the first set. The wood on the last set is really neat!
    Keeton,

You had better watch viewing too many coring posts.............you know you got bitten by that Vortex bug pretty bad a little over a year ago.......and now this sub-vortex.........well, if you do get bitten again..........you're going to have to get a bigger lathe as well!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Coring is cool! I bought my Mcnaughton early last year and cored about 10 blanks of various sizes with an average of 3 bowls per blank.
    Some of the smaller bowls ended up as jam chucks for the various birdhouse, urn, cookie jars that Cheri turns.
    Its fun and addictive!

Nice series of bowls! Really like the wood of the last set!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!