Thread: buying wood online

buying wood online

Has anyone here ever bought wood from woodturningblanks4u.com? If so, were you treated fairly & was the wood what you expected? Thanks

Michelle,
    I came across this site last week and was happy with their pricing. I expect to order something this week to check out the quality. I will let you know.
    faust

One of the guys on our local wood turning sites has ordered from them and very happy with the quality and service.

Good site with lot's of info. Pricing seems reasonable...lurking to see what happens
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

I have bought a couple of turning blanks from them to test the waters. Their prices are good and the service I got was great. I will be going back for more.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I'm going to Longboat Key in February - I'll check the place out. Looks interesting from here.

http://www.turningblanks.net is a little cheaper, better selection and their service is very good too. They have a nice bargin bin most of the time.
    Wes

"Never believe everything you think"

Steve is a great guy to work with, extremely helpful. BTW this is the only site i've found with Norfolk Island Pine.

I'm planning on talking to them soon and making a trip to Fr. Meyers to visit them. I came across a story about how they came to be, kind of a neat place. Hopefully sometime this week, I will be able to make the trip and take some photos for you guys. It seems to be a pretty cool conglomeration of woodworkers that each have made an investment in this "green" project, from the pictures on their website it looks like they have quite the selection, and offer some pretty large pieces as well.
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

Maybe when im in Florida I will scope them out...save on some shipping!

Thanks Bernie & Jim..I gave them a small order, and I will let ya'll know after receiving my shipment.