Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your confession?

Cool What's your confession?

We can't grant absolution, but maybe we would feel better if we confess what we need to and get a clean start for the new year.

So here goes with mine:

I confess that I get great service from several people at Home Depot and Lowes.

I confess that my well-honed Anant 4-1/2 hand plane works well.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

I confess to building WW projects and giving them away without taking pictures of them.

I confess that I'm using a tables saw I bought on CL and have NEVER tuned it up.

Here to improving these in 2011.

Cheers

Jim

I confess that I have overfilled my dust collector 4 times in the past 4 months and not cleaned the filter... Two of the times I realized it was full because it completely stopped moving air, and it is probably running at 50% capacity right now (empty) .. but I am too lazy to go and fix it up..

I confess that I'm starting to like wood working more than metal working, almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    I confess that my well-honed Anant 4-1/2 hand plane works well.
    and this is justs plane creepy
    Last edited by Leigh Betsch; 12-31-2010 at 10:37 PM. Reason: I confess I can't spell
    The Plane Anarchist

I confess that when I look at trees I can't help but wonder whats behind that bark.

I also confess that I tend to have way too many projects started with no finish time in sight. Really need to work on that.
    "If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

I confess that I enjoy collecting tools more than using them.

Blog Entries
    I confess to going into the shop now and then for nothing more than locking up a piece of walnut, pine or aspen on the bench and making shavings with my planes.

I confess to building butt joint drawers then inserting dovetail shaped pins in the sides when my client speced dovetail drawers didn't arrive in time. I confess to rationalizing that they were, in a sense, dovetailed.

I confess that I'm a tool addict and I don't plan to change

I'm not confessing to anything. This forum is open for Google search. Anything said here can and probably will be held against you.....or me....if I confessed to anything.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I confess that I want to buy a medium shoulder plane and all 5 Veritas saws even when I don't know where I want to use them.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

I confess that I'm addicted to WW'ing forums.

1st thing after I lit fireworks, I came here. LOL
    Husband to 1, father to 9
    2 girls and 7 boys (in that order)
    Life Is Full Of Blessings
    The Lord is my Rock and my Refuge.

I did the unthinkabel. I went to Harbor Freight and liked some of the tools there! I'm so sorry.

How's about another year gone by, and the shop re-layout is only now heading into the completion stages???

My alibi is that it seems to take an age to research stuff properly, and that I'm doing it all myself. (e.g. lighting, wiring, heating, dust system, re-construction etc)

My thanks though to all and everybody here, there's no way it would have got this far without your help, and the help of others on the UK forum too - a happy new year to you all....

PS I seem to have developed a bit of a forum addiction from somewhere too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    We can't grant absolution, but maybe we would feel better if we confess what we need to and get a clean start for the new year.
    Great idea, Brian!

I will also confess to liking owning tools more than using them.

I will further confess to wanting about 90% of the Lee Valley and 100% of the Lie-Nielsen catalogs without having any real need for most of the stuff in them.

Finally, I confess that I have, on several occasions, used pocket screws in place of more time-consuming joinery when I knew no one would notice.

May Tage Frid absolve me of these sins.