Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What's your confession?

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Betsch View Post
    I confess to having never watched Norm.
    Turning wood with my SouthBend, drilling wood with my Moore Jig Borer, cutting aluminum with my table saw, and opening paint cans with my chisels. Old chisels that is.
    You, sir, are a kindred spirit - certainly a fellow engineer. Well, except for the part about never having watched Norm. Some things are inexcusable. I routinely find creative uses for tools to make things work.

I confess to not opening the garage door and/or hooking the shop vac up to the table saw or ROS and end up coating the washer and dryer and clothes in sawdust.

I confess to painting a project that I really wanted to stain because I ran out of wood and finished with a different type of wood that I had on hand because I was too cheap/lazy to make another trip to the store to buy what I ran out of.

I confess that I am easily distracted by shiny things and the time to complete a project can double because of the extra time spent looking in the store instead of getting what I'm there for and getting back to work.

I confess to ruining good Sunday khaki pants (ahem... repeatedly) when I knew I should have changed first because "I'll just be in the garage for a minute Honey - I just want to do one thing real quick...". This confession probably applies more to metal work on the vehicles or the hit and miss engine than it does to work, but I wanted to get everything off my chest while I was at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Robinson View Post
    A pet is different from a stroke is different from a pat is different from a caress is different from a fondle. So which was it?

I confess that I would explain, but it is a family forum.

I further confess that I am on my way to pick up another bandsaw this weekend, which will make 3 in the last 6 months, 2 in 8 days. But, they are all cool!

One more confession, I think table saws are dull but bandsaws are cool, well except for Delta 14" saws and the clones...

My name is Bill and I'm addicted to tools, any kind of tool.

I confess that sometimes I tell my wife "I've had that tool for years, it just looks new"
    If you wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty. The pig loves it!

I confess to noticing my plane has lost it's edge and rather than sharpen it, reaching for the rotary sander.
    I confess to starting a new project rather than finish the 19 unfinished ones.
    George Beck
    Fishers Laser Carvers

Ok - busted...
    I confess..I don't have Halle Berry wallpaper.

It's Kelly Hu

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Ok - busted...
    I confess..I don't have Halle Berry wallpaper.

It's Kelly Hu
    I confess my first thought was Kelly "Who", google is my friend. My second thought was who has wall paper (like on an actual room wall) with actors on it... even google can't fix my brand of stupid!

I confess to being slightly disappointed each morning when I find that our ancient cat is still alive because I really, really want to use the cat box area under the basement stairs for shop storage.

Festool on the sly

I confess I buy thing and sneak them into my shop!! I have the Festool Domino and my wife knew I bought it and that it was expensive. Last week I bought Rotex 150 sander (about $400). My wife was in my shop last night and didn't she say "hey where'd you get that Festool sander, aren't they really expensive". I replied that I'd had that sander for a couple years. End of discussion. I don't like to lie to my wife, but don't I have the right to buy tools and not have to admit it??

I confess that I have a Unisaw, 2 Dewalt RASs, A Shopsmith Model V, a Bocie Crane Jointer, and a box of vintage Stanley and wooden planes that I acquired to rehab. Other than a little Unisaw dissasembly, I've done no rehabing at all...yet

I confess I'm also a tool addict. There's hardly a single item from Woodpeckers & Incra that I don't already own. Lee Valley calls me by my first name. I have more shop tools than room to use them. I'd rather buy tools & adjust them than get sawdust all over them by making things.

Ooohhh that's priceless.

Excellent confession, and even better rationalization!

I'm right there with ya Alan
    Husband to 1, father to 9
    2 girls and 7 boys (in that order)
    Life Is Full Of Blessings
    The Lord is my Rock and my Refuge.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Hendrick View Post
    I confess to being slightly disappointed each morning when I find that our ancient cat is still alive because I really, really want to use the cat box area under the basement stairs for shop storage.

BESTEST confession evah!! I can imagine it now... "honey, why does it sound like there's a cat in the dust collector?" response: "Cat, what cat? Do we have a cat?"

I confess to having the driest wood on SMC. Which is only because I've spent more time buying tools over the last year than I have using them.

I confess to buying a P-C belt sander because it's cute.

I confess to wondering "where did that tool get off to" entirely too often.

I confess to assuming that the "lost" tool will be unearthed eventually in some odd corner of the shop.

I confess to not sharpening when I should.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned...

I confess to starting new projects before finishing the previous project(s).
    I confess to being a wood hoarder.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    I have a picture of Halle Berry wearing a low cut short black dress as my wallpaper...
    I confess, I'd like that wall paper... or Kelly Hu.

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    I confess that I have more virtual friends on the Creek than I have actual person friends.

I confess that my attitude is too negative and I really need to work on that.
    I confess that I find that hard to believe.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

I confess to spending more time at work on ww forums and CL than I do on my job ... sometimes!

I confess there is SOMETHING about a high powered Stihl and a full chipper chain that I like.

Chris