Thread: Grizzly 18" Bandsaw on Craigslist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Grizzly 18" Bandsaw on Craigslist

Asking price is $475 and I am guessing that is probably a good deal. It's on Quad Cities Craiglist if anyone is interested. Saw is near Galesburg, Illinois. I have a new Rikon, sorry if the Griz isn't such a good deal at that price.

Erm.... They make a 17" and a 19" Always worrisome when the buyer doesn't know what he's selling... but could be an opportunity!
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

Quote Originally Posted by Dave MacArthur View Post
    Erm.... They make a 17" and a 19" However, they MADE several 18" bandsaws in the past. Always worrisome when the buyer doesn't list what model he's selling... but could be an opportunity! If it is a cast frame it is probably a G1012, if it is a steel frame probably a G0506. Just looked at the listing, he says it is a cast frame so the smart money is on a G0506.
    Fixed for ya Dave.
    Last edited by Van Huskey; 01-06-2011 at 3:53 AM.

Doh! Exactly what I was thinking!
    I went to the Grizzly site, and sure enough, no current 18" models... but typing in G0506 to the search did indeed pull up a discontinued model that looked quite nice! Apparently before my band saw interest days...
    you are WISE in the ways of the Band Saw Force, sir! Looks like a good deal if it's in decent shape!
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

Dave, I was reluctant to correct you but then figured I would have a little fun more or less between you and me since this thread will be move or wiped as soon as a moderator wakes up.

Dewayne, be aware this belongs in Deal and Discounts which you can't post in or see, however for 6 bucks a year you can share in the fun and I bet you it will save you a lot more than 6 bucks over the year. Well I guess it could cost you far more than $6 depending on whether you or your significant other prepares the balance sheet...

Thanks Van. I will get that corrected. I have been a contributor a few years in the past. I will take issue with your assertion that I will save money when I can access the deals and classifieds though. J/K but you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewayne Reding View Post
    I will take issue with your assertion that I will save money when I can access the deals and classifieds though. J/K but you know what I mean.
    Like I said the "savings" depends on how you look at it. Tool "sales" for me are like shoe sales for my wife...kryptonite.

8. I actually found this Craigslist ad, and in my researching the saw, came across this thread. I've been in contact with the guy for the past couple of weeks, but haven't been able to get down to see the saw yet (and might have just gotten beaten to it).

The saw is the model G1012, which is the cast frame 18". Looking back through my stack of Grizzly catalogs, the last one it was listed in was 2002, and it was $700. At first blush, $475 might seem slightly high, but he's got about a dozen blades with it (all 3/4" to 1-1/4"), as well as a set of the roller blade guides. What I found interesting is that the saw can take up to a 1-1/4" blade, which seems like you have to go to a 19"-20" saw now to handle that wide of a blade.

If the saw hasn't sold already, I'm hoping to check it out sometime this week.