Thread: Porter Cable pocket hole system

Porter Cable pocket hole system

Anybody seen and/or used the new Porter Cable 560 Quick Jig Pocket Hole Joinery System? It looks kind of interesting but maybe complicated compared to the Kreg stuff.

I saw it at the woodworking show. It looked simple to use because it was one drill stop setting and it automatically adjusted for the thickness of the board. I'll stick with the Kreg unless I needed it for alot of production. The price was almost twice the Kreg Jig master set.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Rude View Post
    I saw it at the woodworking show. It looked simple to use because it was one drill stop setting and it automatically adjusted for the thickness of the board.
    Was that the Baltimore show? I saw one there and my thought was more like rube goldberg/Heath Robinson. (a complicated contraption for a simple task). The tv guy, Scott philips, was doing the demo. But even a pro demo man couldn't hide the uneccesary complexity. And as you say high price. For that price, I was expecting that it wood have a built in motor.

Mitch

they should bring back the smaller pocket cutter... the one that you can only buy on ebay nowadays