Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hush money number eight

hush money number eight

i've been on quit a run with this series....heres number eight. one more and its on to something different.

Blog Entries
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Dan, this is actually a wood carving with excellent painting. There is no money or envelope, just wood. Looks too real, doesn't it? Mr. Rosenthal does a lot of beautiful panitings/carvings similar to this. Check out his web site.

Blog Entries
    No... freaking... way...

I had to pull up a real $50 to make sure it wasn't real. Wow, I feel pretty darn inferior from an artistic standpoint...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    No... freaking... way...

I had to pull up a real $50 to make sure it wasn't real. Wow, I feel pretty darn inferior from an artistic standpoint...
    I jealous! I haven't seen a fifty in quite a while!

maybe this will help.....its all hand painted and in real life looks like paintings of money more than real money if you look close. brush strokes and all that.

Randall, your work continues to amaze me every time I see it!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

thanks bruce...i have a show in santa fe in december ( also SOFA in the summer at the convention center)....hope you'll take a look in real life.

Randall, great to have you back to see your work...what a great talent you have...thanks for sharing!

Take care,
    Kevin

thanks kevin...glad to be here and talk to you. i am suffering from an extreme case of be careful what you wish for. i have six shows in 2011 and i've got nothing......well, not much. it looks like i'll have to just hunker down all winter and work.

my first choice was to go snowboarding.

Quote Originally Posted by randall rosenthal View Post
    thanks bruce...i have a show in santa fe in december ( also SOFA in the summer at the convention center)....hope you'll take a look in real life.
    Do you have a date & place? I would love to go.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Very Nice Randall, I had to really look at the unpainted subject before my brain started turning.
    Lupe D. -
    TEXICANWOOD

Randall, your work in this thread and in the other is some of the most outstanding stuff I have ever seen on this board. It is an absolute pleasure to view it.

thanks!!...the show at the convention center is in the summer...its the SOFA show (sculptural objects and functional art) the december show is at jane sauer gallery on canyon rd. i have a page on her web site but no date yet. those along with a show in NYC, chicago, here and the long island museum makes for a loony year. not a mistake ill make again. i'm too old to work all the time.

Randall,
    Really only one thing to say... insane. Its one of those things that simply is not believable and you want to see it in person.

Years ago I had a pottery studio and was at it full time for a period. I wonder if you have ever seen the work of Richard Notkin? It is similar in that the level of detail is mind blowing and that you may see a slide of his work and get lost in the detail only to find the piece is tiny yet in an image it may look like an entire city block.

Your work is really outstanding....
    Mark