Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta 50-760 1 1/2HP dust collector performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan T Jones View Post
    Neil,
    Where did you find the smooth bore hose? Can you post a link?
    Dan
    Yep.

http://www.flexaust.com/products/all_products.php

What I bought is called the FlexTube-PU.

It arrived yesterday. While the inside is not dead flat, like PVC would be, it IS flatter/smoother than any other hose I've seen. The hose has decent flexibility, but NO compressibility (it's not a Slinky), which is okay with me.

One thing I noticed, quickly: for a few of my tools (where the DC port is higher off the floor than others), there isn't enough give in the FlexTube PU for the hose to hang happily, while my quick-connect is on the DC port. It wants to pull the connector off the DC port.

Easily solved by putting a roller stand a few feet FROM the tool, and resting the FlexTube hose ON the stand.

My initial impression -- supported by absolutely nothing -- is that there IS a pretty noticeable increase in suction, across the 20' that I bought, compared to the 28' of 'collapsible' 4" DustRight hose that I was using.

It's also *bright* yellow, meaning ... harder to trip over, and ... it seems like you could roll a Bradley Fighting Vehicle over it, and it wouldn't get scuffed.

It ain't cheap, though. Something on the order of nine bucks a foot, for 4"

I should clean my bag too, as I never have before. I thought that the dust can help filter the air more, but I suppose too much of it will cause it to stop allowing air to pass through it at all.

If you go with a cartridge filter I would recommend pre-seperating with a Phil Thien baffle or something similar. I use a super dust deputy with a 50-760. My wynn filter stays very clean and I don't lose suction like I did when my bag filter got clogged. I would also shorten your runs and switch to 5in hose if possible.

~mark

Agreed. But since he said it's a Delta 50-760, those come stock with 1 micron bags....
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

I used to have that cyclone. On a 15amp circuit sometimes it would trip the breaker.
    As for the performance, I had to take out the filter once in a while (like every 2 or 3 times I filled the lower bag) and clean it thoroughly:
    take it inside out, shake well, and use a shop-vac to take the rest of the dust).
    It would make a huge difference in performance.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dan T Jones View Post
    Neil,
    Where did you find the smooth bore hose? Can you post a link?
    Dan
    Neil bought an exellent hose.
    A poor mans version can be had from HF in this kit: http://www.harborfreight.com/dust-co...kit-93601.html
    Compared to the typical DC flex hose, the inside surface is very smooth with very minor bumps from the wire. It is also heavier and stiffer so it will need a 90 degree fitting or 45 in some sharp curve places where a full flex hose you would just kink or curve into position. It is pretty durable to walk over but not as much as the Flex-Tube PU that Neil purchased.

I don't know if this is the same hose, it doesn't look like it, but HF can be misleading. http://www.harborfreight.com/4-inch-...ose-96478.html

Quote Originally Posted by David Hostetler View Post
    Agreed. But since he said it's a Delta 50-760, those come stock with 1 micron bags....
    It does, which makes it even more likely to clog I would think. I will try some compressed air to get it really clean. Outside of course. I may also try some larger diameter hose, but I wonder if the increas in cfm might be offset by the loss of velocity. Surely that subject has been beat to death. I'll do some forum searching.