Thread: Bosch Finecut Power Handsaw 1640VS

Thumbs up Bosch Finecut Power Handsaw 1640VS

Man where have you been all my life. Just picked up one for a flooring job to cut off the doorjambs and honestly don't know how I've done with out it. The time saved on just this one job has more than payed doubled what the saw cost. Got it on sale at lowes for under $80. Guess the ol' pull saw will be lonely a lot now.

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/T...spx?pid=1640VS

I have the 12 volt multi tool and the 12 volt mini sawzall. Both are indispensable in my home repair business. Both see almost daily use. I may have to buy the Finecut and discover how useful it is.

AZCRAIG

They are on clearance because they don't sell well and get poor reviews. I do know one other person that thinks they are very useful. Sometimes I think people just don't know how to use tools and just make stuff up on the web.

I had the Bosch rep tell me that my Bosch mini belt sander was discontinued for the same reason, nobody bought them and the people that did weren't happy. I find it very useful for some things and find that hard to believe. It really works well. They seem to be popular in Europe.
    61YPY8C3WZL__SS400_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg R Bradley View Post
    They are on clearance because they don't sell well and get poor reviews. I do know one other person that thinks they are very useful. Sometimes I think people just don't know how to use tools and just make stuff up on the web.
    It sounds like somebody better be stocking up on extra blades.

I have one that I found at a pawn shop for something like $25. I noticed Menards was selling blades at a good discount, so I bought several, expecting them to be discontinued.