Thread: Where to get laser engraving supplies ?

Where to get laser engraving supplies ?

Hi, I am looking for good sources to get my laser supplies from, all I know of at this time is laserbits.com but Id like more choices, I was browsing on google and found another engraver and his stuff I'd like to purchase blank for engraving his 2 sites are......

akulazikdotcom

distributorcentraldotcom/websites/AKULAZIKPROMOS
    the items on this page are what I'm really interested in !

Thanks
    Last edited by Mike Null; 01-23-2011 at 5:49 AM. Reason: removed link

This is a good spot for research,

www.engraversjournal.com/

explore this site, the have digital magazines online
    as well as a supplier data base.
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

It would be helpful if you mention what kinds of supplies you need - there are lots of places that are specific such as Delvies for acrylic, Chewbarka for anodized, JDS for awards for example, but each category will lead to a list of a dozen companies, each good in their own way. Searching this forum with a specific topic (ie: wood thins, marble awards) will generate threads where folks have posted companies they've used and reviews of their products. Everyone has their favorites for various reasons. What are you looking for?

Don't be afraid to try your local stores. Lots of us buy supplies from Lowes, Home Depot, Michael's and Walmart to name a few obvious ones.

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

right now I'm working with a printing/clothing shop so I'd like to find suppliers for items to go along with that type of industry, I know I can get items from local but I was just wanting more of a wholesale place to save money, even promotional items like CHEAP pens, money clips, water bottles, laserbits is ok but that's all I have for suppliers at this point, if I could get a true wholesale supplier ( by true wholesale I mean one that requires a tax ID # ) with great prices to purchase from, that would be swell.

I do believe that Martins post will help tremendously for me !

Thanks
    Last edited by Kasey Maxwell; 01-22-2011 at 4:37 PM.

Kasey, if you have a tax i.d. number, you can get an account with JDS,excellent service, good prices and huge variety of products. http://www.jdsindustries.com/homepage.htm You can also do the the same with Johnson Plastics. http://www.johnsonplastics.com/. You don't say where your located, contingent upon your location you might be lucky enough to have one of these companies warehouses close by.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

unfortunately I live in Anchorage Alaska, I do have a tax ID and I will try these sites.

Thank you

I've used laser sketch dot com before and didn't have any issues, but I think it will ultimately depend on the items you need.

teds woodworking complaints

I bought a started order of plastics and supplies from johnson. They split out the order so i had to pay double shipping, then when one of the boxes came crushed the ups driver told me to have the company make the claim but instead of charging ups, they just put the replacement on my credit card.

nix to johnson

Cheers marty
    shenhui 900x1200 dual tubes 150 & 60