Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lift for triton router

A tactical work around, cheap, easy. Maybe worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by pat warner View Post
    A tactical work around, cheap, easy. Maybe worth a shot.
    I love Pat's answers, he doesn't waste words, but regarding routers he oftens "says" the most.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    The Router Raizer is designed for this but, not for the Triton ;-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Chen View Post
    Actually according to the Router Raizer website the RZ-200 kit can do the Triton TRC001.

http://www.routertechnologies.com/triton.htm

I have a router raizer on a different router, pretty good device. Only complaint I have is the hex style bolt is somewhat easy to strip.
    Excellent find. Perhaps this will help Dan out. I'd still go for another router ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I very often refer to Pat Warner's site, but somehow missed this lift/spacer idea-- in fact this is the first time I've ever seen it mentioned in a LOT of reading, and it's a simple yet great idea. Thanks much! Those fences look beautiful too...

Here's the 3.25HP ad from Highland Woodworking site
    http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/t...ngerouter.aspx
    and the critical verbage I'm thinking indicates it's the "New" version you guys are mentioning:
    "
    Triton 3-1/4 HP Plunge Router
    This distinctive router created by Triton Workshop Systems of Australia reflects new thinking about a lot more than just the unique body design. Triton's engineers have incorporated several innovative features with instant appeal for woodworkers.
    No more stooping under the router table. A through-the-table winder handle lets you easily change the height of your router bit from above the table. Simply insert the winder handle from above the table and rotate it to raise or lower the height of the router bit. (You'll need to create an access hole in your router insert drop-in plate or table that you've attached the router to.)"

What do you think, is this the "new" model that I want?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Dave MacArthur; 01-28-2011 at 8:59 PM.
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

Must have been using the wrong reply button as it didn't show in the thread. They do have a version of the Router Raizer for the Tritons, it's the 200 kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Eller View Post
    FWIW, Highland Woodworking is having a Triton "sale". Just got an email from them.
    Eagle America has the same sale going on.

Now I've talked myself into yet another router.

I picked up the $99 Porter Cable 892 at Home Depot the other day, thinking I would stick it in the end of my PM66 table seeing it to can be raised/lowered through the table and use it for light duty jobs.

I have the 3 1/4 HP Triton in my router table and really like it so it looks like the PC is going back. I'll pick up the smaller Triton. They work great for me in table use.

The PC at HD was hard to find. If anyone in the Knoxville,TN area wants it before I return it, let me know.

Jim

Jim, can you confirm that you're using the Triton 3.25 without a lift, and you like it well? I'm about to drill a hole in my Sawstop ICS for a router in the extension, and I'd rather just make a hole and mount the triton, than route out for a plate and all.
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

I like mine too, Dave, and I have it mounted in my SS Contractor extension. Three things:

1) I would reconsider a nice plate. You will have to make a large void in the table to make the top thin enough for the router to work properly. This is a HEAVY router. I don't think doing that is a good idea in the SS extension table.

2) Once again, this is a HEAVY router. I replaced the SS table with a layer of 3/4" MDF laminated with a 1/2" or 3/4" (I forget which) phenolic ply top. There is a stiffener on one side (the standard one that came with my SS) and a leg on the other side, in addition to the two rails it's mounted to. Yes, it's sagging. I would plan on maybe adding additional stiffeners and an interior leg to support the table further. Maybe be overkill on your ICS because your table is thicker than mine to begin with, but I thought what I did was overkill and was proven wrong!

3) For anyone who doesn't know, there is an interlock on the on/off switch. This is to prevent you from raising the router up far enough that it will engage the spindle lock with the router on. This bothers some people because it means that you can't leave the router ON and simply use a remote on/off switch to control it. Well, you can but you still will need to go underneath the table and physically turn the switch to OFF in order to replace the router bit. Just an FYI so you're not disappointed if you get it.

Dave,

I indeed do really like the big Triton in my table.

In fact, I like it so much, that today I ordered the small one to put in the extension on my PM66. I now have to find a JessEm table insert at a reasonable price.

Jim

glenn i have 5 routers doing various jobs. if i ask ma for another router she'll kill me. not really. she buys all my guns and tools. i think i'll keep her for another 50 yrs

glenn i have 5 routers doing various jobs. if i ask ma for another one she will kill me. not really. she buys all my guns and tools. i think i'll keep her for another 50 yrs