Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Today is my last day at work................

Ken and Sharon, congratulations on your recent retirement. My wife and I retired two years ago after both of us spent 37 & 38 years in the classroom. We wish you the best as you discover the joys and tribulations of your new freedom and a limited income. We have a friend who had a cochlear implant and hope that yours goes as well as hers did.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

[QUOTE=Ken Fitzgerald;1621935] Later this year I hope to have a cochlear implant implanted into my left inner ear.QUOTE]

Hi Ken,
    Sorry for the late congratulations on your retirement. A very active retired friend lost his hearing in a diving accident. He has had good luck with the cochlear implant. His experience was it took some time and tuning to get used to it.

Ken, Congratulations to you and your bride, I hope you get all the time you can in the shop creating wonderful things! I am trying to re-retire as my body can't handle what I keep asking it to do. We got 14" of snow and it is still snowing here in WI and I have plowed twice and will have to do it one more time tomorrow when it quits blowing and drifting. Good luch the the implant for your ear, I am not sure if I could handle not hearing so I won't complain about all my ailments!

God Bless and have a great retirement,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Congratulations Ken! Now you can focus on fun stuff in your shop.

Ken,

Congrats on your Retirement. I thought you were working on the plan way back when, when you visited my garage. Sorry I missed all this. I hope the hearing improvement plan is underway. I'm only 50 and I spend far too much time thinking about retirement. Work is a distraction from the things I am good at.

Frank

PS: you get to Illinios to see the in-laws we'll have to plan another visit.
    'Sawdust is better than Prozac'

Late to the Thread

Congratulations on your hard earned and well deserved retirment Ken. I hope you and the Mrs. enjoy every minute of it.

And good thing you aren't working around MRIs anymore-no cochlear implants allowed there (as I'm sure you already know). I sure hope it works well for you.

Take care,
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

Thanks Don....and the hearing aid I am currently wearing says it can't be worn around x-ray so that pretty well eliminated working on x-ray and CT.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Ken, I missed that the implant was around the corner. Great news. Hoping and praying for a great outcome! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Hi Ken
    Its been a while since Ive been on SMC ,I dont know if you remember me or not,as it has been a couple years since Ive been on.
    Congrats to you on your retirment !!!!!!! And good luck w/ your implant. now you can just focus on being in the shop ..
    I Love My Dedicated Machines ! And My Dedicated Wife Loves Me !

Thanks Seth! I am enjoying it. For the first time in 46 years, with in reason, I can do what I want.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....