Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Today is my last day at work................

Congrats Ken. Now you can start that new career !
    Charlie Jones

Hope it works out for you! My uncle has "retired" 4 or 5 times now and always gets bored and goes back to work.

3. Congratulations. Now you have some more time to spend with those "little" people you fondly post about.

Good luck Ken!
    Sawdust is some of the best learning material!

Congratulations Ken, and Good luck. Tamara and I look forward to hearing and seeing what you get done in the shop. Our thoughts are with you on your implant, and we wish you the best.
    Brian

Sawdust Formation Engineer
    in charge of Blade Dulling

Congratulations Ken!!! Enjoy retirement, and I'm looking forward to more turnings from you.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Ken, I think you're going to love being retired and I'm sure you've earned it.

Ken best wishes to you and Sharon, have fun together, you've finally made it to the fun part.

Regards, Rod.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations. Enjoy it, you both deserve it.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Best of luck, Ken!

Smart move by your wife retiring at the same time (i think!).

I think I'm +27 on the congrats. I'm jealous. I've put in 32 years at the same company and my wife and I are both targeting December 31, 2013 as our final work days so we have a couple of years to go. I can't wait to see all the pictures of shop output.
    Take off a full blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/2 blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/4 blade - How the H--- can it be 1/4" short????

Congratulations on your retirement. I hope things go well and your hearing improves with the implant. Enjoy your free time.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

Ken, still sorry that this came up for medical reasons, but my wish is that you will put the extra time to good use. Now do like Tyler did, take a 2 week vacation...I have the feeling you'll need to rest up some before you get totally into this retirement thing! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Thanks everybody for the well wishes!

Jim......don't tell Clabo...they have a "free" medical clinic in town and I am going to volunteer there. While they don't have any x-ray equipments, CT or MR scanners install or maintain, I can empty trash cans, set up chairs, help direct people etc.....

But first.....we are headed to Yellowstone Park......I bought 2 sets of chains, a tow rope and jumper cables for the Honda Pilot. We have reservations at a nice hotel and 2 different day long snow coach tours scheduled. Mosey over and back. Couple mountain passes between here and there and they can be a little exciting this time of year.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 01-28-2011 at 8:19 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Congratulations Mr Fitgerald! Yellowstone is awesome this time of year. Don't forget to bring us back some pictures!
    Mick