Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Engagement rings, do you care about the size?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    How many sheep is she worth if she cooks and cleans?
    Well if she doesn't cook and clean, why not just marry the sheep and be done with it?
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Well if she doesn't cook and clean, why not just marry the sheep and be done with it?
    Too....easy.....must.....resist.......

Gotta agree with the majority. Hope you are getting the message. Go slow, verrrry slow, and be sure.

I never proposed to my wife. Somehow, one day I found myself looking at diamond rings with her. Note, she knew I made $100 a week, and we went to a discount store called Gemco to look. She knowingly picked out a ring with a flaw in it, which cost $75 total. She helped decorate the church hall with her friends, and her mom made the cake. Wedding was in 1964. 46TH anniversary coming up in April.

By the way, I wanted to buy her a better ring later, when we could afford it, but she would have nothing to do with it.

Wishing you luck,

Rick Potter

I too must resist. And I will. But I will say this. If she is saying that now, she is going to say that about everything in the future. You are going to spend the next 10 years of your life going broke and working your fingers to the bone to make here happy. You will end up on Prozac and Zanax. And, she will never be happy because really, that's her job. And it's your job to make you happy. If you both do a good job of making yourselves happy, then you will be happy together. Sorry, but I would hold off on getting married. Do this: Go look at houses and cars together. See what makes her "happy". Watch her reaction very carefully. My guess is you will find yourself looking at things you won't be able to afford for at least 10-15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Oh Dan, the answer is simple and goes back to the initial the idea of the exchage of sheep for a decent looking woman. A sheep will look ridiculous in a cocktail dress, and even more so in a wedding dress (which is whole other financial dicussion). In addition, it is virtually impossible for a sheep to walk in high heels. Add to that the fact that you would have to buy two pairs of shoes for every occasion, rather than one, and you will see that a woman is still the better choice.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

I got a diamond engagement ring my first marriage. When the first was trying to woo me back from our separation (with another diamond ring) the song 'This Diamond Ring' started playing on the radio. And really, they don't mean anything if the match isn't right to begin with. My second marriage I was given a pink sapphire. THAT ring means more to me than diamonds ever will. Material things mean very little in the long run, but unfortunately women are being raise with grandiose ideas (watch Bridezilla). Now if that show isn't guaranteed to turn men off of marriage...... LOL

Blog Entries
    In addition, it is virtually impossible for a sheep to walk in high heels.
    I think if you're marrying it, rubber galoshes are more appropriate than high heels, no?

Belinda,
    You have done it again with your great sense of humor. Glad I wasn't drinking coffee or my computer monitor would be covered with it. Never having dated a sheep I can't speak to it but I have dated a few dogs. (couldn't resist)
    Dan H is right up there with the humor as well.
    David B

Quote Originally Posted by David G Baker View Post
    Belinda,
    You have done it again with your great sense of humor. Glad I wasn't drinking coffee or my computer monitor would be covered with it. Never having dated a sheep I can't speak to it but I have dated a few dogs. (couldn't resist)
    Dan H is right up there with the humor as well.
    Thank you David. Dan, on the other hand took things to a whole new level. I have tried to help him but it's a good thing he is already married as he is completely hopeless. He doesn't seem to understand that galoshes are for the courting period. After you marry you have to put her in shoes in order for her to be accepted by the other sheep wives.

I do sincerely apologize to the OP for having gone so off track in a thread that is about a serious subject. Sunny, you seem to have already made up you mind about the course you wish to pursue so I hope you aren't too upset with us.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

Blog Entries
    I do sincerely apologize to the OP for having gone so off track in a thread that is about a serious subject.
    Belinda, he's getting married... if he doesn't have a sense of humor by now, he's doomed!

When I first read this, I thought "Of course ring size matters. What's the point of buying her a ring if it doesn't fit and she can't wear it?"

And then I realized that this was about something altogether different.

My wife has no diamond. She doesn't want one either.

In addition, it is virtually impossible for a sheep to walk in high heels.
    So much to teach everybody, so little time
    Sheep can definitely walk in high heels.
    I'm not posting the proof, so just google sheep in high heels
    To understand recursion, one must first understand recursion

Just my 2 cents...

Far far too many people get divorces before they've even paid off the cost of the engagement and wedding... If expense is a worthy status symbol that in some bazaar way demonstrates love and devotion then there is something seriously wrong with that motivation.
    Sent from the bathtub on my Samsung Galaxy(C)S5 with waterproof Lifeproof Case(C), and spell check turned off!

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Ferlas View Post
    So much to teach everybody, so little time
    Sheep can definitely walk in high heels.
    I'm not posting the proof, so just google sheep in high heels
    I'm just going to have to take your word on this, I'm too afraid to google that . . .

Bella Terra

... A sheep will look ridiculous in a cocktail dress, and even more so in a wedding dress.
    Not so to a lonely sheep herder in galoshes.

Mike

PS: Bet the OP is wondering how this ended up like this...