Thread: Thought I would try a pen made with Tru-Stone

Thought I would try a pen made with Tru-Stone

Decided to try making a pen with Tru-Stone, with the gold matrix. Some different stuff to work with but didn't seem to turn out too bad.

2007_04170009.JPG2007_04170008.JPG2007_04170004.JPG2007_04170003.JPG
    "If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

Very nice, I used a the same blank with a gold Churchill a few months back. I really goes well with gold hardware.

"The best things in life are not things."

I saw that James, thats what made me really want to try it. Thanks for the inspiration. Someday I'll get around to making the red with gold matrix thats sitting in my box.
    "If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

Matt that is a great looking pen. Nicely done.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

That's a sharp looking pen and a heck of a finish.

Great looking pen!

Matt, I don't do pens, but this is one of my favorite blanks! I still recall the one JD did, and it really dresses up nicely. You did a nice job on this one!

Just a note to those who haven't tried this blank. It's one of the harder, more brittle of the Tru-Stone line. It turns very well with carbide tools, but you have to take it easy... light cuts. The blank can blow up pretty easily. The results are well worth the effort.
    Lathes: Nova DVR XP, Delta 46-460, Jet 1014vsi; Bader III 2"x72" belt grinder; Triton 2.25 router; CMT Industrio table; Jointech fence; SC planer; Dewalt miter; Delta 14" bandsaw; Festool TS55, MFT/3, CT22, ETS150/3, OF1400, PSB300EQ, CXS; Hegner Scrollsaw; JJ-6CS jointer; Grizzly 1023s cabinetsaw, Jet 17" drill press; Rigid OSS; 9" SandFlee; 3M AirStream & Breathe Easy PAPRs

Very handsome! I have a few Truestones, but have yet to turn one - got a way from pens for a while, but have to try one of those.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Blog Entries
    Now that is a sharp looking pen. A bit of sophistication to wear in the suit coat. You know what they say, "Clothes make the man but the tie makes the clothes." Well, "The pen makes it all look classy."
    Have a Nice Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Lanier View Post
    Now that is a sharp looking pen. A bit of sophistication to wear in the suit coat. You know what they say, "Clothes make the man but the tie makes the clothes." Well, "The pen makes it all look classy."
    Yeah but....I don't have a suit...or a tie for that matter.

Guess it'll have to go to someone else then.

Thanks for the kind words guys!