Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lets see your lumber hauler`s

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    It has a trailer hitch! It is on a solinoid next to the ejection seat... I often pull the shower valve by mistake ...what a mess ...I have to take it to 190 mph to dry it out. I needed to add the hitch so LOML would believe the Turbo was for woodworking....she thinks it costs about the same as my Powermatic saw...in round numbers she is close....If you ever visit I will show you how fast we can get to the lumber yard....
    If you ever visit I will show you how fast we can get to the lumber yard....

Sounds like fun but, ahhhhhhh...One question: Which seat is the "ejection button" for???
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

As soon as I get it back on it's wheels I'll be able to haul lots
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jim Dunn; 01-16-2005 at 10:16 PM.

I will show you when you get here....bring something water resistant and a goggles in case I pull the shower lever
    Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    If you ever visit I will show you how fast we can get to the lumber yard....

Sounds like fun but, ahhhhhhh...One question: Which seat is the "ejection button" for???
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Well I use this one to haul "Ash"

Here are my (2)!

I also have a 4'W x 8'L stake body utility trailer for longer stuff.
    Wood is Good!
    Greetings from The Green Mountain State!

Kurt

Mines an '04 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT. I had to fit car seats for the 2 boys. So Far so good. Gas mileage is another story.

When I can get my keys...

This is my old hauler. Coming up on 300,000 miles and still running. Maybe not as nice as some, but paid for.

Last edited by Dave Shaffer; 01-17-2005 at 12:51 PM. Reason: to fix pics
    If it aint broke...Take it apart and see how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Shaffer
    When I can get my keys...

This is my old hauler. Coming up on 300,000 miles and still running. Maybe not as nice as some, but paid for.

Its nice to see some one else that operates on the its paid for principal.

I haven't had a car or truck payment for 15 years.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

I've had this guy for about 1-1/2yrs. now. Bought it from a guy at work and, although I had the $$ to purchase it outright, his deal was, $1500.00 at $25.00 cash, payable every Monday! That's the ONLY way he'd let me buy it! Said his wife didn't give him enough "weekly allowance" and $1500.00 was what they were going to give him on a trade for his brand new F150. It's a '92, Chevy S10, auto, 4x4. Pretty clean, got almost brand new tires on it and, believe it or not, I bought it with an actual 66K miles on it! His dad bought it new, he bought it from his dad and I'll probably drive it into the ground. Only has a 6' box, but LOML likes the automatic and we can take LOML Jr. along on "shopping" trips, because of the extended cab. No, not as big or pretty as many and, certainly NOT as fast as Mark's little hauler, but it's paid for and does what I ask of it! Plus, it does it at close to 20mpg!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

I was looking at a couple of potetial lumber haulers today...the first is a Ditch Witch Boring Machine on tracks...that is me with the hardhat. We are using it to build the new Sprint Cell site on my property.

The seconnd is a bit faster and has a better paint job....my friend that builds pool tables uses it to haul lumber...he will be selling it soon. It is very practical for small loads , it does not have a shower. I am having trouble pronouncing "Lambogini Gallardo"..., that is me again....yeah I think the first option is better
    Last edited by Mark Singer; 01-18-2005 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    I've had this guy for about 1-1/2yrs. now. Bought it from a guy at work and, although I had the $$ to purchase it outright, his deal was, $1500.00 at $25.00 cash, payable every Monday! That's the ONLY way he'd let me buy it! Said his wife didn't give him enough "weekly allowance" and $1500.00 was what they were going to give him on a trade for his brand new F150. It's a '92, Chevy S10, auto, 4x4. Pretty clean, got almost brand new tires on it and, believe it or not, I bought it with an actual 66K miles on it! His dad bought it new, he bought it from his dad and I'll probably drive it into the ground. Only has a 6' box, but LOML likes the automatic and we can take LOML Jr. along on "shopping" trips, because of the extended cab. No, not as big or pretty as many and, certainly NOT as fast as Mark's little hauler, but it's paid for and does what I ask of it! Plus, it does it at close to 20mpg!
    John......I'm confused.....is it paid for or not?

Actually, that's a very unique way to keep spending money in your pocket .

Arnie

My lumber "hauler" is a 2005 Scion xB. Funny, these things were targeted at the youth market by Toyota and I don't see any kids driving them. I was driving a 2004 Expedition this time last year but I got pretty tired of paying $50+ at the gas station.

I like my box and it gets plenty of attention. I liked it so much that we actually own two of the little buggers.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie Grammon
    John......I'm confused.....is it paid for or not?

Actually, that's a very unique way to keep spending money in your pocket .

Arnie
    Arnie, as of about two months ago, it was paid off "in full". Actually, the guy even gave me a clear title the day I picked it up from here back in 2003. He trusted me for the $25.00/wk. cash and I was religious about hooking up with him each and every Monday. The original deal was on both of our words and a handshake. Don't happen too often anymore like that, does it? Kind of reminded me of how people would buy horses years ago. You know...A dollar down, a dollar a week! I offered to pay him off completely numerous times, but he insisted that we keep the original arrangemnet, as it worked out better for him. OK by me! Oh, and I'm up to about 77K miles on it now!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Mark,
    Is that Ditch Witch a trencher or directional borer? Nice machine. That yellow thing is sort of cool too.
    John

The yellow thing is a little faster!

It is a directional boring machine. Sprint is installing a cell site on my property and they needed to get under the driveway with a 6" conduit about 60' long.

Quote Originally Posted by John Shuk
    Mark,
    Is that Ditch Witch a trencher or directional borer? Nice machine. That yellow thing is sort of cool too.
    John